Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
manchuia
Connoisseur
manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: In under a month I will have had both Sonys and a Kindle
.chm on Kindle

I am trying to send .chm files through to Amazon to get them converted for the Kindle, but it seems as if this is not a receptive attachment.

Anyone know how to convert a .chm file to be read on the Kindle?
manchuia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Windows MobiPocket Reader is supposed to handle CHM to MOBI conversion, but it can fail on some CHMs. This is essentially the same software that Amazon uses for conversion, so it may not work on your CHMs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
manchuia
Connoisseur
manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: In under a month I will have had both Sonys and a Kindle
I will give it a go. The failure is in the emailing them the files. Google has repeatedly rejected my email as it seems to not like the .chm extension (unsafe or the like)
manchuia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hi

Just wonder when one buys an unit of ebookreader...without actually TESTING them or even ask the SELLER to TEST for you.

Share with you, with HANLIN V3, you do not have the hassle of "sending files to them to convert to their formats"....totally not the way Apple handl products. This can only serves American, not the rest of the world......NOT USER FRIENDLY AT ALL.

Go for HANLIN V3...ask me and I am willing to test it out for you and..everything.
I am a agent for HANLIN and test for my beloved customers before sending to them. Who ELSE can do that? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cheers

Hong
Malaysia
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
CHM files are a format which is EXTREMELY vulnerable to "infection" by malicious code. Many mail systems won't permit them as an attachment. Opening a CHM file can execute whatever code is contained within the file. It really is a format which should be avoided, unless you have absolute trust in the source from which the file comes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert