Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #1306
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Zowie! What a fantastic book! And judging by the above quotes, a lot of you seem to think similarly. To me, Cold Days is the best, most exciting, most thrilling and most informative Dresden Files book so far. Also Cold Days has finally given me some insight and understanding as to just what that final Apocalyptic Trilogy that Jim promises for the finale to this series might contain.

WOW!!

There have been suggestions that Harry is being prepared for something big. I just love how Jim Butcher takes all the bits and pieces from the previous books and clarifies events in this one.

Spoiler:
Poor Molly. I wonder how she's going to cope.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1307
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Wow. Just finished "Cold Days" this morning....
...and just Wow.

My daughter is working her way through the series and she asked me tell her about it. I just blinked and said, "I don't think I can until you read more of the earlier ones." Almost any discussion on specifics would be nothing but spoilers.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #1308
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Wow. Just finished "Cold Days" this morning....
...and just Wow.

My daughter is working her way through the series and she asked me tell her about it. I just blinked and said, "I don't think I can until you read more of the earlier ones." Almost any discussion on specifics would be nothing but spoilers.
Depends. Unfortunately I know why the title Ghost Story is appropiate - before getting there in the series in my reading. But I don't know who or why. I also see a huge spoiler when merely reading the book description of Cold Days. It might not spoil the book itself, but there is a lot of books before.
Spoiler:
The mere mentioning of Mab is a spoiler - having only met her once so far in Summer Knight.

That all won't spoil my fun - YMMW.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #1309
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...10108&page=984 and look at post #14749.

For those of you in the middle of a Dresden Files book/eBook, it's the last one you'll ever read. Go to the above mentioned post and you'll know why.
What nonsense. "It's been decided..." And yes, I read the other thread that's linked. If the library BS didn't get me to leave Harry Dresden, this won't either.

Oh, the irony. All you do is complain about the Dresden covers anyway!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #1310
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool DITTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Not having a picture on the cover, or the author, or a description of the book is not going to hinder me to read the book. If I can't read the only thing that matters - the words inside the book - then maybe I start worrying.

If you expect me to not read any penguin books no more, then you are nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
What nonsense. "It's been decided..." And yes, I read the other thread that's linked. If the library BS didn't get me to leave Harry Dresden, this won't either.

Oh, the irony. All you do is complain about the Dresden covers anyway!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-01-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #1311
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I'm only on chapter 12 and after what just happened, I'm dying to know...

Spoiler:
Does Harry get his family (meaning everyone he loves) back? Or is it all watching them at arms length as they inevitably try to help him? Does he get any time with Mouse and/or his daughter? I'm laughing at myself at how the little bit if time with Bob in the car has made me incredibly happy, but I want more!!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1312
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm only on chapter 12 and after what just happened, I'm dying to know...

Spoiler:
Does Harry get his family (meaning everyone he loves) back? Or is it all watching them at arms length as they inevitably try to help him? Does he get any time with Mouse and/or his daughter? I'm laughing at myself at how the little bit if time with Bob in the car has made me incredibly happy, but I want more!!!

Just keep reading!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #1313
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Just keep reading!

Yeah, I'm a big softie!!

Spoiler:
Never thought Thomas, of all characters, could make me cry!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #1314
Nyssa
Series Addict

Ok, who pissed Butcher off this time? Just finished chapter 17...
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #1315
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm reading Summer Knight now and I have to say WOW! This is defenitely my favourite so far. I'm so glad I still have ten more books to discover after this and more to come. Have I already thanked everyone for making me discover this series?
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1316
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post

There have been suggestions that Harry is being prepared for something big. I just love how Jim Butcher takes all the bits and pieces from the previous books and clarifies events in this one.

Spoiler:
Poor Molly. I wonder how she's going to cope.
Ditto to the spoiler.

Spoiler:
I was so happy to see that she seemed to have gotten her feet under her again after Ghost Story, and Rashid willing to help clear things with the White Council. And then that blow at the end there.

Also: Stop teasing us about Mac!
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #1317
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My signed copy arrived today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	97261  

Last edited by Joy736; 12-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #1318
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
That is so cool! Congratulations!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #1319
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Cold Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Thanks for showing us that, a good clear hires picture too!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #1320
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Thanks for showing us that, a good clear hires picture too!

Thanks Alan! It was a good excuse to test out te camera on my new iPad Mini

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy