Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRNYC View Post
I built my entire book in dreamweaver and exported it to .HTML when I import it into Calibre it sees it as a zip file. When I convert it and export it to my Kindle 3, it ignores the page breaks. I have quotes that should be on their own page but it is not working. Should I save it as a different file type before importing it into Calibre?
If I understood you correctly, you're trying to send the ZIP containing the HTML file(s) to your Kindle. You'll need to convert to MOBI first.
Maybe I'm off the mark, but I believe it would do a lot more than just ignore page breaks if it was sent to the Kindle as a zip file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #17
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Maybe I'm off the mark, but I believe it would do a lot more than just ignore page breaks if it was sent to the Kindle as a zip file.
That's probably right, but what he wrote indicates to me that he tried to send the ZIP. I'm just trying to make sure he didn't
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert