Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
zhliu0124
zhliu0124 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Soldering pads ripped off while doing serial jailbreak

OMG, the soldering pads are so tiny and both were ripped off during soldering. It seems that the connections have been destroyed.

Please is there any way to rescue it? Thanks!!!

Kindle PaperWhite v3
zhliu0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Quick answer probably not.
Not so quick answer: yes, by buying a new device and not soldering it.
There are serial pads on the other side of the logic board too.

Let me find my images.

There isnt enough room to leave them hooked up and put the kindle back together again, but for reasearch and one-time jailbreaking, it will work.

Here are my images of hooking up to those:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=40

Last edited by coplate; 09-25-2017 at 07:45 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
zhliu0124
zhliu0124 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you, coplate.

That's so sad that I cannot jailbreak my kindle anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
There are serial pads on the other side of the logic board too.

Let me find my images.

There isnt enough room to leave them hooked up and put the kindle back together again, but for reasearch and one-time jailbreaking, it will work.

Here are my images of hooking up to those:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=40
zhliu0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhliu0124 View Post
Thank you, coplate.

That's so sad that I cannot jailbreak my kindle anymore
Do you mean you ripped the pads off of the backside of the board also?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote