Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Font Size tip for the Pocket Edition and Calibre

Just in case anyone else here likes to read in both portrait and landscape mode on their PRS 300...I thought I would post this tip. This assumes you are using Calibre and a drm free (or previously liberated drm'ed) epub file.

I like to read in both portrait and landscape mode, but found that while a font size looked good in portrait on the S size in the reader, when you switched to landscape mode, the font was too big. So, I did some experimenting with font size to figure out which font size looked good in M (medium) when viewing in portrait, and would also look good in S (small) when viewing in landscape mode. Using Calibre to change the font size, I found the magic number for me to be 10.5 pt. Using this as the base font, the M size in portrait on the reader, and the S size in landscape both end up with about the same font size. If 10.5 is too small, try 11 or 11.5.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I do not use landscape (I don't like the faded letters at the top) but this is a great tip. Calibre is great for customizing a book so it fits you.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Great tip, I also have the same problem (font size becoming too big in landscape mode). Will definitely give this a try
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Hope it works for you, xtine!
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote