Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which E-Ink Device Should Sweetpea Get?
Hanlin V3 3 10.00%
Hanlin V5 4 13.33%
IRex Digital Reader 5 16.67%
Sony PRS600 16 53.33%
PlasticLogic 4 13.33%
Hanvon WISEreader N518 2 6.67%
Txtr Reader 3 10.00%
Opus!!! 7 23.33%
The Blue One, Next To The Fish 12 40.00%
A Can (perhaps two!) of WD-40 6 20.00%
Pffft!!! 9 30.00%
What does "Remember to keep the poll options short and to the point" mean? Give me a 9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
E-Ink Device for Sweetpea

Sweetpea has been agonizing over which e-ink device to buy and the prospects of new and rumored devices are confounding the issue. So I thought we'd be excessively democratic, to the point of being collectively dictatorial, and decide the issue entirely for her. Please choose from her list of candidates (and I've thrown in just a couple of others, too). All votes will be counted and the results will be binding (or will be bound and tossed overboard). I would mention my preferred candidate but that would probably be unfair.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooooooops. Can you possibly believe that I forgot the poll? Oh, well. Not that it matters. You can just as easily comment with your vote from this list:
  • Hanlin V3
  • Hanlin V5
  • IRex Digital Reader
  • Sony PRS600
  • PlasticLogic
  • Hanvon WISEreader N518
  • Txtr Reader
  • Opus
  • The Blue One, Next To The Fish
  • A Can (perhaps two!) of WD-40
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Drat! Where was the poll shark (desertgrandma) when I needed her?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
You can't go wrong with a Slate Blue Pocket Pro (Hanlin v5)
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
whwere is DG anyway?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I think she's been around occasionally but posting infrequently. Good grief! Maybe she has found a life outside of......you know where!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hey Sweetpea, Slayda just posted that he found his EZ Reader, and now says to "make an offer" for the other one.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
You can't go wrong with a Slate Blue Pocket Pro (Hanlin v5)
I prefer Maroon... Fits better with my room, which is, well, maroon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
whwere is DG anyway?
Yes, I've been wondering that too. Somebody check her house! (there've been too many stories lately about people laying dead in their houses for weeks...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hey Sweetpea, Slayda just posted that he found his EZ Reader, and now says to "make an offer" for the other one.
Where was it?????
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #10
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The blue one is by far the best reader on the market... if you can bare the smell of rotting trout.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Where was it?????
The EZ Reader from Slayda...

"So I now have two EZ Readers. Anyone want to buy one - make an offer. "

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=16

from this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...413#post544413

Last edited by dreams; 08-06-2009 at 03:21 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait, a quarter just fell...

Why is it Unutterably Silly that I can't decide what device to buy!?!?!?!?!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #13
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Wait, a quarter just fell...

Why is it Unutterably Silly that I can't decide what device to buy!?!?!?!?!
Sweetpea, you've been entertaining us with your fence-sitting. Your post above made me LOL.

It's not quite unutterably silly that you keep changing your mind and devouring info on new devices, but well...

What you need is kind of like a Pocket Loox, but a little bigger, probably e-Ink, maroon or maybe silver, kind of looks like an iPhone, but maybe not quite...

Your new device is out there somewhere waiting for you - keep searching and please keep us updated.

The device you eventually choose will be the benchmark for other people still trying to decide
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
What you need is kind of like a Pocket Loox, but a little bigger, probably e-Ink, maroon or maybe silver, kind of looks like an iPhone, but maybe not quite...
Actually, you're really close to the mark there.... I just want something that isn't there (yet). Though, that Sony 600 does come close (except for the backlight and colour screen, but I can live without those)...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #15
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
There's lots of new ebooks readers on the horizon. You can wait for the 'perfect device' or use one that will do, for now.

Maybe when the Sony 600 comes in maroon and is available in your country... but there'll be other devices to choose from by then... heh!

Plenty of people happily read ebooks on PCs, laptops and PDAs.

It's good that you're doing your research and your musings might help others decide. Take your time!

I felt strange when I lost my avatar, much better now.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote