Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
HTML Files

Hi

I have just converted a .Lit book with Convertlit and I now have a HTML file. Please could someone tell me how to make the HTML file into a Sony reader file, and also a Microsoft Word file.

Thanks

Dawn

Last edited by PDS; 05-30-2008 at 08:18 AM.
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
you need the program calibre
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=calibre
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Or Book Designer.
Open BD, drop in the html, edit and then click 'make sony reader book'.

Re conversion to Word. Open the html file. Click on the edit with Word icon. save the resulting word file. Job done.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Calibre will work directly on the LIT file if it is DRM-free (which ConvertLIT can do if necessary).

Note that ConvertLIT explodes LIT to OEB (HTML, IMAGES, and an .opf metafile). Most ebook conversion programs would start with the .opf file, but if there is only a single HTML file this may be unnecessary.

I'm not sure what the best approach is for .DOC. The BD program might be able to export a RTF, which is all you need, or OpenOffice or MS Word can import the HTML directly if it is one file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Hi

I have just converted a .Lit book with Convertlit and I now have a HTML file. Please could someone tell me how to make the HTML file into a Sony reader file, and also a Microsoft Word file.

Thanks

Dawn
Lit2lrf.exe in calibre is the easiest way that I have found to do it. But, rather than exploded the lit file I do a downconvert which leaves you with a lit file. Then, lit2lrf (calibre) will convert that perfectly.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Excellent, thanks for your help I will download Calibre or Book Designer and give it a go.

Cheers
Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote