Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #76
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoiattolo49 View Post
Even if the "synch whell" is greyed out, the synch works flawlessly (if you have followed carefully the instructions).In fact it's normal that the "synch whell" is greyed out for books not purchased from Amazon... not sure why since the synch works.

Just go to the app's home screen and "pull down" the screen for manually initiate a synch.
It does seem to work but only one way, i.e. Kindle for iPad will *read* the last read position from Kindle for Android but it won't upload the last read position. I'm not sure though.

BTW. It is possible to activate the greyed out sync button. But this requires an extra step which is editing the SQLite Database File in \Kindle\Library\Preferences\BookData.sqlite. You need to browse the ZBOOK table and edit your book's record by changing its ZRAWISARCHIVABLE value from "0" to "1".

SQLite Database Browser will help: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/.

Somehow by playing with the database file I seem to managed to transfer highlights from Android to iPad but not the other way around.

UPDATE:

Both notes and highlights get transferred from Android to iPad when you delete the BookData.sqlite from iPad and let the Kindle app recreate it.

UPDATE:

I noticed that to transfer Kindle notes and highlights from a sideloaded ebook from another device (i.e. Android) to iPad you just need to add or remove one of your books from the library. This seems to update the database making the notes and highlights transferred.

Last edited by owl123; 07-06-2012 at 05:51 AM.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #77
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Even after getting sideloading to work, are you guys getting bookmarks, furthest page read, etc. also synchronized between iOS Kindle and other Kindles (other iOS devices, physical Kindles, etc.)? From the post above me, it seems very problematic (one way only, having to delete and reload books, etc.)

When I originally tried this on my iPad (before version 3.0), I was able to sideload with the help of members' instructions here. But I was never able to get furthest page read synchronized. So for my personal needs (I have an iPad and an iPhone), I ended up just using iBooks because furthest page read is always in sync between both, including sideloaded content.

Thanks!
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 AM   #78
Tykie999
Tykie999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The whole point about the latest upgrade is that you don't need side loading. It's now all handled by amazon and everything works, ie last page read, bookmarks etc.
Tykie999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #79
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Anyone make progress with this for iPhone? Just got my first Kindle (PW) and was interested to see if I can figure out how to sideload on both and have sync work. I seem to be good with the Kindle but the same file does not want to sync from my iPhone. I went the Calibre Quality Plugin route for fixing the AISN using the Kindle Fire fix and then copied the mobi into the ebook drectory on the iphone using iexplorer. The cool thing is that the book cover shows properly now and I can read the book. The sync button is still grayed out though and it doess not sync when I start the app.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #80
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I had success by emailing myself the book from calibre- then selecting "open with" the kindle app on the attachment in the email. I was able to sync with my kindle and iPad.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #81
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Am I missing something here?

I just send or upload the DRM free books to Amazon cloud using Amazon Kindle app or program for Mac. No hassle, nothing to change on Calibre. And they sync without any issues.

I am a bit lost here. I don't understand why people are creating customized folders or checking ASIN via Calibre ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #82
Greg G
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Am I missing something here?

I just send or upload the DRM free books to Amazon cloud using Amazon Kindle app or program for Mac. No hassle, nothing to change on Calibre. And they sync without any issues.

I am a bit lost here. I don't understand why people are creating customized folders or checking ASIN via Calibre ...
I don't like the big "Personal" banner that blocks part of the cover.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #83
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
Same here.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #84
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
What banner? ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #85
Greg G
Groupie

The banner shows up on the Kindle Paperwhite in cover view. Don't think it shows on the iPhone.

-Greg