Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thumbs up Miracles do happen :)

One month ago, we bid on a Sony PRS 505 at Tradera, the swedish equivalent to ebay. We lost that auction. Why? My dad, who is pro when it comes to buying stuff on Tradera, decided to go and have a beer with his friends , and I didn't remember my login name ( bad of me, I know, but he had assured me that he would do the bidding).

I was so disappointed at him and at myself. But after awhile, I calmed down and started to look at other e-readers, because I figured the next auction would several months away. I was wrong. A couple of days ago he called me, and I admit I had a sense of deja vu.

He had found another Sony PRS 505 for sale at Tradera. Turns out it was the same e-reader, when my dad contacted the seller and asked why he sold it, the seller said that he had bought it "for fun." ( Who spends 230 euro on a e-reader, just for fun?! ) Anyway, this time, my dad was home, and I was logged in. And, yeah, we won the auction at 1825 SEK, which equals 182 euro. That's half the prize that Sony Center Stockholm sold it for!

Last edited by mikaelalind; 11-16-2009 at 04:30 PM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations, mikaelalind! Is this your Christmas gift?

I love my 505 and haven't been tempted to upgrade. Have you been collecting downloads of books for your 505, yet? Don't forget all the author/member books listed in MR threads and MR's own ebook library. Check out my signature for a few of those member books to look for.

Have fun!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Dreams! Yes, it is my Christmas gift, but if my dad thinks I'll wait for Christmas, he is wrong. I am patient, but I am not that patient!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Congratulations Mikael!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic

And it finally showed up yesterday. The reader worked, and was fully charged. Unfortunately, there was no USB chord . Luckily, My dad had one that fit, so I used it to load on a book from Baen Free Library.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
YEAH! that IS indeed a miracle! Happy reading.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
And it finally showed up yesterday. The reader worked, and was fully charged. Unfortunately, there was no USB chord . Luckily, My dad had one that fit, so I used it to load on a book from Baen Free Library.
Nice - don't worry about the USB cable - any mini-USB cable will do fine. Note that it'll only change via USB from a computer, not a wall-socket but any generic PSP-charger will let you charge it via the round, yellow socket.

If you're short the install disk too, you can either download the eBook Library software from Sony's US site or just use Calibre instead (or both, even)!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Better to download from Sony in any case to be sure you have the latest version.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #10
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Good that you went for a Sony instead of getting a Nuut, which I think is the ony "official" e-reader available in Swedish stores. Friend of mine bought one of those and isn't terrbly impressed with it. It was after playing with my BeBook he wanted one, but he couldn't get ahold of one of those, so he went Nuut instead.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote