Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I removed the .json file before retesting. No errors found.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:47 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have made a few updates to the driver in the last couple of days. Most are some refactoring at the request of jackie_w. But, there is also missed something that was going to break the extended driver when it was updated. So, anyone who is using my branch, please update and tell me how it goes.

And speaking of the extended driver, I promised a version that would work with either the released version of calibre, or my branch. I have created this today and have attached it. Again, please test it and tell me if there are any problems.

Note: If you change the driver configuration while using my branch, you will need to redo the configuration if you go back to the released version. Of course, I hope you like my updates enough that you don't want to go back
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended-beta.zip (29.2 KB, 687 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm trying to use it but I see the previous interface

EDIT: I'm dense, but after installing the driver on your branch I get this error:

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>TypeError</b>:unbound method config_widget() must be called with KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

calibre 2.57.1* [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Manage Series && Reading List && Extract ISBN && GetFileName && Favourites Menu && Goodreads && Goodreads Sync && Quality Check && Kobo Import && SmartEject && Sort CSS && Kobo Utilities && Import List && My Tools && Generate Cover && Update Series Status && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Fantastic Fiction && Save Composite Custom Columns && Annotations && Count Pages && Consolidate All Library Metadata && KoboTouchExtended && View Manager && Barnes & Noble && Search The Internet && Overdrive Link && Modify ePub && Marvin XD && Ex Libris && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && iOS reader applications && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && EpubSplit && Obok DeDRM && Overdrive Link
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\g ui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 289, in double_clicked
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\g ui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 370, in modify_plugin
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\c ustomize\__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 143, in config_widget
TypeError: unbound method config_widget() must be called with KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 05-28-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm trying to use it but I see the previous interface

EDIT: I'm dense, but after installing the driver on your branch I get this error:

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>TypeError</b>:unbound method config_widget() must be called with KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

calibre 2.57.1* [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Manage Series && Reading List && Extract ISBN && GetFileName && Favourites Menu && Goodreads && Goodreads Sync && Quality Check && Kobo Import && SmartEject && Sort CSS && Kobo Utilities && Import List && My Tools && Generate Cover && Update Series Status && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Fantastic Fiction && Save Composite Custom Columns && Annotations && Count Pages && Consolidate All Library Metadata && KoboTouchExtended && View Manager && Barnes & Noble && Search The Internet && Overdrive Link && Modify ePub && Marvin XD && Ex Libris && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && iOS reader applications && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && EpubSplit && Obok DeDRM && Overdrive Link
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\g ui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 289, in double_clicked
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\g ui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 370, in modify_plugin
File "D:\Lectores\calibre\Codigo\davidfor\src\calibre\c ustomize\__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 143, in config_widget
TypeError: unbound method config_widget() must be called with KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED instance as first argument (got nothing instead)
Did you update the code from my branch? I made a change to a little bit before my post to fix this problem.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #20
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded it yesterday morning but I'll download it again
Old 05-29-2016, 05:03 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've already downloaded the new code and it works quite well (I prefer these settings a lot).
Old 05-29-2016, 05:34 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've already downloaded the new code and it works quite well (I prefer these settings a lot).
Good to here. Both that it is working and that you like the changes.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

For those keeping track, I raised the pull request the other night and Kovid has accepted it. This should be in the next release.

And thanks to those who tested and commented.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you to you, David. It's working nice and it looks clearer.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

@davidfor, a greedy one here Are you going to update the driver for sending the comments with template too? Thank you
Old 06-23-2016, 01:42 AM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Terisa: Not in this lot. I wanted to get the configuration changes in because most of the other things I want to add need options turn them on or off. One of those things is to update the metadata when the device is connected. This won't have as many options as the utilities plugin. I was mainly planning on/off, ignore purchased kepubs, the current series info option and maybe clear subtitle. And this will use the metadata plugboard. That will mean the metadata gets updated the same way as when sending the book.

But, I'm not sure if that will include templates for the comments. I'm not sure if including the template in the driver config is the right thing. I suppose what I wish is that the metadata plugboard included comments as one of the fields that could be changed. Then we could do whatever we want through a plugboard.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:11 AM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Terisa: Not in this lot. I wanted to get the configuration changes in because most of the other things I want to add need options turn them on or off. One of those things is to update the metadata when the device is connected. This won't have as many options as the utilities plugin. I was mainly planning on/off, ignore purchased kepubs, the current series info option and maybe clear subtitle. And this will use the metadata plugboard. That will mean the metadata gets updated the same way as when sending the book.

But, I'm not sure if that will include templates for the comments. I'm not sure if including the template in the driver config is the right thing. I suppose what I wish is that the metadata plugboard included comments as one of the fields that could be changed. Then we could do whatever we want through a plugboard.
I agree with you about the plugboard. Do you know where I could begin to check it? Because it can be a summer project.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I agree with you about the plugboard. Do you know where I could begin to check it? Because it can be a summer project.
"gui2/preferences/plugboards.py", has the line:
Code:
self.dest_fields = ['',
                            'authors', 'author_sort', 'language', 'publisher',
                            'tags', 'title', 'title_sort']
Adding "comments" to that list will add comments to the fields in the metadata plugboard editor. I have been using this for a while with no problems. I made sure the template I use works without error to generate valid code. I haven't traced through the code that executes the plugboard to see what could go wrong.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:08 AM   #29
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Code:
self.dest_fields = ['',
Adding "comments" to that list will add comments to the fields in the metadata plugboard editor. I have been using this for a while with no problems. I made sure the template I use works without error to generate valid code. I haven't traced through the code that executes the plugboard to see what could go wrong.
Thank you very much, I'm already using it. And with the tip at other thread about compiling only the class, I'm already using the "standard" version, instead of running from source.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #30
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Code:
self.dest_fields = ['',
Well, if the html is wrong (as a result of the bug I've reported in another thread), the plugboard skips that part.

Tags
configuration, drivers, kobo