Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Moving books?

How do I move books from Kindle for PC to the actual Kindle?

If I buy books from other sources than Amazon they will be downloaded to my PC and immediately appear in my Kindle for PC software. However the Sync command doesn't seem to do anything to sync between the Kindle and the PC. What am I missing here?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
How do I move books from Kindle for PC to the actual Kindle?

If I buy books from other sources than Amazon they will be downloaded to my PC and immediately appear in my Kindle for PC software. However the Sync command doesn't seem to do anything to sync between the Kindle and the PC. What am I missing here?
You cannot move (DRMed) books from Kindle for PC to your Kindle. They are tied by the DRM to your installation of Kindle for PC. You need to re-download them from Amazon specifically for use with your Kindle. You can get Amazon to either send them wirelessly to your Kindle, or to download them to your PC to be manually copied across to your Kindle over USB.

Kindle for PC isn't a general ebook management program, like iTunes is for music. You don't use it to synchronise with your Kindle, you only use it for reading ebooks on your PC.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Bummer

Guess I was too accustomed to the iTunes business model.

I would like to be able to synchronize between those two so I can keep up with what I am doing regardless of the device I'm using.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Guess I was too accustomed to the iTunes business model.

I would like to be able to synchronize between those two so I can keep up with what I am doing regardless of the device I'm using.
Kindle and Kindle for PC will synchronise reading position, if your Kindle has wireless access. But only, I think, on books bought at Amazon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Yes - synchronization is ONLY for books bought from Amazon. If you usually leave Whispernet off on your Kindle, you only have to turn it on briefly when you start reading to synchronize to the last page read on the K4PC, or vice versa.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc;
Yes - synchronization is ONLY for books bought from Amazon. If you usually leave Whispernet off on your Kindle, you only have to turn it on briefly when you start reading to synchronize to the last page read on the K4PC, or vice versa.
Offl-topic, but how do I get my Kindle to synchronise to my paper book?
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
Offl-topic, but how do I get my Kindle to synchronise to my paper book?
It involves a personal visit by Mr. Bezos to your house. Downloading Mr. Bezos via Whispernet can require several hours - be patient!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote