Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenda128 View Post
Ok thank you, but how do I ''zero persistent user store''? Could you explain that a bit more to me?
One more thing, I've bought my Kindle 10 days ago and I put max 10 books on it. How did I then occupied so much memory? I've also rebooted my device couple times.

Today I tried with newest version of Duokan ((K4 None Touch)2012-06-29.C12125.rtm) and now I lack 40 Mb of space??

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/kidle.jpg/
It is documented MANY times in this forum. Just dd about 1K from /dev/zero to /dev/mmcblk0p3. There is no indication that it will help you. It was just a guess after running out of other options. It really looks like a problem with Duokan. What does that error message mean, EXACTLY? WHICH "space" is it out of? WHY is it saying not enough space, if you have no hacks installed? These are quesitons to ask the Duokan developers, I am not interested enough in Duokan myself to divert my attention away from other projects enough to ask the Duokan developers your questions FOR YOU... Sorry. You need to do some things yourself (including searching this forum -- "simple debricking" is a good place to start).

Like knc1 said... I doubt that the Duokan developers monitor this thread. You should go ask them these questions in whatever location their documentation suggests (i.e. not here). You DID read their documentation, right? Does it say what to do when you get this error message? (I am not going to read your documentation for you right now).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-29-2012 at 09:24 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA

Last edited by knc1; 06-29-2012 at 10:03 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is Duokan that is trying to use more space than you have available on a stock kindle firmware (no hacks installed, and not too many books). That is a Duokan problem.

Any halfway decent documentation should list the possible error messages that the program can display, with a list of possible causes, and a list of remedies to fix the problem. Doukan has been around long enough, and it is apparently being developed by a professional organization (i.e. paid programmers), so it SHOULD have decent documentation by now. Because it is a PROFESSIONAL program (which happens to be free for now while in development), it should have what you need to solve your problem (or at least provide technical feedback and support). Of course, there may be a slight language barrier issue.

What does the Duokan documentation tell you to do about your error message?

P.S. You may get more support in this forum if you post to a Duokan thread that is monitored by Duokan fans, but starting a new thread (like this one) is less likely to get noticed by those who COULD help you. WE can help you with KINDLE problems. The Duokan people can help you with DUOKAN problems. What you describe certainly looks like a DUOKAN problem, NOT a Kindle problem. Duokan may only install reliably on some localized versions of the K4, but not on yours. They need to test their program on a broader base of K4 versions, but they are still early in the K4 development cycle, so give them time. But at least contact them for assistance so that they CAN fix the problem, or the next version of Duokan may fail on your K4 as well...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-30-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #19
geekmaster

I see that others are reporting this problem in the Duokan thread (where this should have been), saying that Duokan needs more "space" than stock firmware with no mods has available.

I wonder how well it is tested if it cannot even install on a standard firmware...