Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
Soonerdunes
Edge User

Help ... my new pociket edge no longer works

I received my pocket egde on Friday and I registered it and set it up for networking. etc. just fine. I think I upgraded to the Ermine OS and I did several things with it including downloading an audio book to it. I noticed in setup that I could do an update to the software so I did that. I thought I performed it correctly by selecting update and then seeing that it downloaded an update and trying to update that. After several tries I couldn't really tell if it was updating or not but I ended up with a blue screen that shows the date and time in the upper left, the entourage symbol and name in the center and has an unlocked padlock icon on the lower left and a speaker volume icon on the lower right. That screen blanks out quickly and pressing any button does nothing except pressing the home button brings the blue screen up again and pressing and holding the menu and rotation buttons together gives me a couple of edge options such as power off, hibernate, silent and airplane mode. I can get the same options by just pressing the rotation button. I was prepared to like this unit but now it's worthless to me unless someone can please help.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Hi Sooner!!

Not to worry! You have successfully upgraded to Ermine!

Hold and drag the unlocked lock icon to the right as far as you can. That unlocks the screen and away you go!

Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
Soonerdunes
Edge User

Filark, you saved me! I wish I could tell you in person how very grateful I am .... Thank you for the quick reply.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Filark
Edge User

No problem!

Just glad I was online and had recently upgraded myself.