Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Thumbs up Chinese on the PocketBook

hello guys,

I am a new user with PB. But PB supports Chinese which is poor.
So, A friend is a suggested the above topics.

Need to discuss how Chinese character set in PB623 better run:
1 - which the reader is more suitable for operation in Chinese character set? - this is the most need to buyers on PB.
2 - how to provide more convenient user fonts to setup ? because Adobe Viewer and FBreader support other language better than Chinese language.
3 -- reading Chinese documents, how to better both in English and Chinese dictionary?
Currently only think of these key factors, welcome to supplement.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Red face

In chinese menu,
I found read epub with adobeViewer , and read txt,mobi,doc format files with FBReader.
So screenshots list is following.
AdobeViewer reads epub is ok.
FBReader reads mobi,txt,doc is bad with no chinese fonts. or file encoding is not right,but these are good on Kindle with DuoKan CHinese system.

How to setup chinese fonts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chinese-fonts.png
Views:	399
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	114228  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (380.1 KB, 316 views)
File Type: bmp scr0004.bmp (380.1 KB, 270 views)
File Type: bmp scr0005.bmp (380.1 KB, 271 views)
File Type: bmp scr0008.bmp (380.1 KB, 286 views)
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (380.1 KB, 253 views)
File Type: bmp scr0011.bmp (380.1 KB, 265 views)
File Type: bmp scr0012.bmp (380.1 KB, 255 views)
File Type: bmp scr0014.bmp (380.1 KB, 285 views)
Old 10-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
hi sbwtxj

where are the fonts Adobe uses? on the device or on the sd card?

it seems, from the screenshot, that they're in (sd card)/system

I say that because /system shows only Adobe subdir whereas on my pb622 (that could have, perhaps, different structure) /system has a lot of subdir.

anyway, assuming that 623 has the same directory structure of 622,
try copying your ttf in (device, not sd)/system/fonts (fonts is a sub dir!)
here is where fbreader looks for fonts to use.

paolo

-note-
You can also make a symbolic link in /mnt/ext1/system/font/ pointing to the font file (with the command ln -s full-path-to-the-font-file for each font file; ask for an one shot command to make more links). This from a shell (pbterm or poterm either) or from a linux box connected to the pb623.

Last edited by paolog; 10-30-2013 at 05:18 AM.
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

hi paolog,
Sure, i have put my chinese fonts into internal memory /system/fonts .

so i have try this, FBreader is good with some fonts.
but my many txt files is very different, a little is ok.
because txt file has been saved in ANSI coding.

I resave it with UTF-8, not run.
So i want to know what tool is used with converting.

thank you!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
hi

files different from pdf are handled by FBReader

if FB is ok with some fonts then you should re-encode those txt not properly displayed

before that, the txt non properly displayed from FB are displayed well by the built in web browser?

you can do a quick check by renaming txt to html, then with a long tap on the file name it should ask whether to open with web browser or FB

In case also the web browser fails, then it is an encoding problem

otherway... i give up... any ideas

as for converting, I think that isn't matter of tool once we know the right encoding

could you provide a couple of txt sample ad a couple of ttf? for both one working and another not working

Last edited by paolog; 10-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
sbwtxj
Groupie

I have attached some ChineseTXT and Fonts.

Two screenshots.

So can you give me some advices?

Simply change TXT filename to HTML filename,it is not displayed good in web browser.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0013.bmp (380.1 KB, 291 views)
File Type: bmp scr0011.bmp (380.1 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by sbwtxj; 11-19-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #7
sbwtxj
Groupie

Cool

NEW PROBLEM.

setup RSS,system is very slow.
Read Chinese Rss, How to setup encode?

Some epub files not display good.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0017.bmp (380.1 KB, 283 views)
File Type: bmp scr0015.bmp (380.1 KB, 211 views)