Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #76
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I fixed the <pre> by replacing space with &nbsp; and adding <br /> at the end of each line. It kind of works but if a line is longer than the maximum length the code is not so readable. And for the Cybook it seems to be 60-70 characters.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #77
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Great, thank you.
Quote:
but if a line is longer than the maximum length the code is not so readable
Sure, but that is pretty a minor issue compared to the old behaviour.
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #78
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are using Mobiperl with your own Perl installation there is a file mobiperl-0.0.20.tar with this change (works for one HTML file now). I will not do a new Windows binary distribution until I fix some more things.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #79
jeczmien
Enthusiast
jeczmien began at the beginning.

Device: none/Hanlin V3/Nokia E50
classic books coversion

Hi.
I've tried mobi2html (latest 0.0.26 - on debian sid) with Polish www.ebook.pl free books. I've always got empty html file (with main markups - html and body) and one gif file (I've checked - it is a cover).

Every book can be open in Mobipocket reader without any trouble.

As an example you can try:

http://ebook.pl/ebooki/Classic_000248.prc

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
jeczmien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #80
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeczmien View Post
Hi.
I've tried mobi2html (latest 0.0.26 - on debian sid) with Polish www.ebook.pl free books. I've always got empty html file (with main markups - html and body) and one gif file (I've checked - it is a cover).

Every book can be open in Mobipocket reader without any trouble.

As an example you can try:

http://ebook.pl/ebooki/Classic_000248.prc

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Is this a DRM:ed book? FBReader could not read it properly either. So either it is DRM:ed or it is compressed with the highest compression which is not documented anywhere.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was able to convert it to HTML. But, I don't know if I am allowed to post it here. Is it public domain (life + 50) at least?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #82
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I was able to convert it to HTML. But, I don't know if I am allowed to post it here. Is it public domain (life + 50) at least?
So what was the problem? Was it drm:ed?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The file is not DRMed. But, I wasn't able to use mobi2html. I had to use something else to convert it to html and it did work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #84
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The file is not DRMed. But, I wasn't able to use mobi2html. I had to use something else to convert it to html and it did work.
So what was that something else then? Your comments are not so helpful if the goal is to understand what the problem is.

I assume the book was compressed with the secret compression format then.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #85
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I assume the book was compressed with the secret compression format then.
I agree. I tried a couple of files from this site, and they both came up in FBReader like other MobiPocket-specific compressed files (i.e. as garbage).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #86
jeczmien
Enthusiast

Quote:
IT IS public domain - you can post it without any problem.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #87
jeczmien
Enthusiast

Quote:
So, is that "else" has any name?
Please let us know
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #88
mateo
Enthusiast
mateo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire71
I attempted to use this. the --title option doesn't seem to do anything. Not a big problem since FBreader can change the title and author. I used 2 simple html files and tried the TOC. Doesn't work. It tries to create a table of contents using a couple of bullet points but nothing is written beside them.
mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 AM   #89
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
I attempted to use this. the --title option doesn't seem to do anything. Not a big problem since FBreader can change the title and author. I used 2 simple html files and tried the TOC. Doesn't work. It tries to create a table of contents using a couple of bullet points but nothing is written beside them.
I will check this in the weekend. Which version did you use? Did you use the latest mobiperl version which is 0.0.26?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #90
darkninja
darkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I wrote a decompressor for the new huffdic compressed files. Maybe this code can be incorporated into mobiperl?

Note. This program does not break any DRM encryption, so it's not illegal. It just decompresses files compressed with the new compression into a raw html file.

Thanks to Igor Skochinsky for the valuable assistance.

http://pastebin.com/m656dfbda Version 0.02

Last edited by darkninja; 02-12-2008 at 05:53 PM.
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote