Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
JediEagle
JediEagle began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Where can I get Bebook Neo? Brick and mortar store!

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knows of a store in the USA where I could buy Bebook Neo? Or an online store that ships from within the US!! If not now, when or if ever? Or is it just online?

Thank you
JediEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Onyx Boox 60 is the same hardware as Bebook Neo. You can order it online at Dulin's Books. Don't know if they are sold in any brick and mortar store. Oh and the boox does include a cover.

Last edited by frozennorth; 03-03-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added cover info
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
the BeBook Neo is available at BeBook's website, www.mybebook.com but I have yet to find a brick and mortar store or a US website that carries it. The shipping rate from BeBook isn't too bad and they actually ship next day via FedEx, so the wait is pretty minimal too.

The Onyx Boox is the same hardware, obviously the software is a bit different, but personally I really like the support and set up that BeBook has going for it. The Onyx comes with a cover (which the Neo does not), but it is also out of stock at the moment and currently about $40 more than the Neo which is being sold for $299 and is also immediately available.

This is the post on Bebook's forum about brick and mortar stores:

"BeBook is not yet available in stores outside Europe (USA, Canada, Asia, Africa, Australia). We are working very hard for partnerships in these countries, keep an eye on our website to see where and when BeBook is available in stores outside Europe."

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 03-03-2010 at 09:40 PM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
JediEagle

Ok, thank you. Hopefully they will find partners by April :P
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
personally I really like the support and set up that BeBook has going for it.
I have to disagree with this point slightly. I was seriously considering a Neo as my first reader. Through the Australian Bebook site the price of the Neo is insane, $589. The mybebook site detects your IP address and defaults to your currency (and I'm guessing the price of any suppliers in your country), so you can't even buy it at the US price. Several people emailed Bebook about this and didn't get replies for days. As far as I am aware, the only reply they made was on the mybebook forum. They lost at least three Aussie sales because of this.

Having said that, the Aussie supplier of Bebooks did get back to me in a timely fashion and offered me $30 off the price, but still at $539 it was way more than the Onyx Boox would have cost me, including shipping. Sadly, they weren't available until a couple of weeks after my birthday, so I went with a Pocketbook 360. I'll get a 6" around Christmas if I think the 360 is too small.

Onyx on the other hand emailed me back within the hour and sometimes immediately after I sent an email. I was very impressed with the communication with them. The ONLY reason I didn't order a Boox was the April 2nd shipping date.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
brownieboy
brownieboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
the Aussie supplier of Bebooks did get back to me in a timely fashion....
FYI, Dymocks on Sydney's George Street has Neos in stock.

They're still $580 but at least you can play around with it before buying (elsewhere).
brownieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieboy View Post
FYI, Dymocks on Sydney's George Street has Neos in stock.

They're still $580 but at least you can play around with it before buying (elsewhere).
Thanks for that, I had called a couple of my local Dymocks and they said they had no idea what I was talking about. I'll keep that in mind for later if I need to upgrade from my PB360. I don't think that will happen for a while, I'm in love with it so far

The price would have to come down a lot for me to buy a reader in Australia, though.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
JediEagle

Hey, I just had an idea. In 3 weeks I will be leaving for USA and I was wondering if it is possible to order bebook neo from there and ship it to an european country? Better to pay $300 than 300€
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
My husband bought me a Neo from Dymocks in George St on Monday. It was A$569 but the box had a A$625 sticker on it.

It has a lovely screen. I've ordered a cover from a website and am being very careful till it arrives.

I've noticed lately that the staff I've spoken to in Dymocks actually know something about ereaders these days. Nice change.

Nice to know there's another Sydney member, too.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote