Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Question ADE absolutely won't recognise authorised reader on PC or Mac

Hi - thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have finally managed to authorise my Sony reader - since I bought in UK this was not easy. But its done.

I have ADE installed on my home Mac and on my work PC. The same id details for both ADEs and for Reader. Computer also authorised.

I can buy books on the PC, they download in ADE and then I can drag them over to the Sony library and get them on the Reader. Can't do this on the Mac, but I can live with that, although I wish I could.

What is a pain is that although I can download library books and get them to open on ADE on the PC - I can't transfer them, not no how.

Any ideas? I'd be very grateful I can get no help from Sony or Adobe.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
have you tried Calibre, it works great for me with the sony no problems transfering any books so far
Chris
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
Hi - thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have finally managed to authorise my Sony reader - since I bought in UK this was not easy. But its done.

I have ADE installed on my home Mac and on my work PC. The same id details for both ADEs and for Reader. Computer also authorised.

I can buy books on the PC, they download in ADE and then I can drag them over to the Sony library and get them on the Reader. Can't do this on the Mac, but I can live with that, although I wish I could.

What is a pain is that although I can download library books and get them to open on ADE on the PC - I can't transfer them, not no how.

Any ideas? I'd be very grateful I can get no help from Sony or Adobe.
Is the reader authorized in ADE? You may have inadvertently registered the reader with two different ADE ids -- the Sony one and a separate ADE one.

Follow on...does the Sony Reader show up on the ADE application? Why do you have to drag them to the Sony App. You should be able to see the Reader directly in the ADE app and just drag them right to the Sony Reader.

Last edited by kennyc; 03-09-2010 at 06:40 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote