Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #76
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Again thank you for developing this plugin it served me well.
Thank you for those kind words.

It's the nature of software development to only ever be a temporary solution till something better comes along. As long as it's made a few people happy for a while that's good enough for me

It should also remain useful to those Sony users who read mainly txt or rtf files or who don't strip the DRM from their epubs.

I don't yet know whether it will work on the new Sony PRS-T1. It's possible that the T1 will have it's own built-in function. We live in hope.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #77
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
jackie can you add support for nook touch
to use our own covers we need make a folder in screensavers folder that already exists in the main memory and add the covers to it.
For example
screensavers\covers\01.jpg

If you do add nook touch to your plugin can you also add the ability to send by covers by series or by authors as in nook touch we can't use individual images but can select folders and all the images in a folder are rotated.

For example
screensavers\Dresden\01.jpg
screensavers\Dresden\02.jpg
screensavers\Dresden\03.jpg
screensavers\Harry Potter\01.jpg
screensavers\Harry Potter\02.jpg
screensavers\Harry Potter\03.jpg
screensavers\Scott Lynch\01.jpg

Oh by the way the images can be named anything I did not want to type every title so just used numbers as an example
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #78
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Whatever you looked at it wasn't close to being currently correct. Here are the complete install instructions for the 650 from inside the downloaded install zip file.

Quick and easy.
ok - I'd read that setup.exe would not work with latest sony firmware but maybe it now does. I only see alpha / beta version of PRS+ though & usually I avoid such things.

is PRS+ compatible with still having calibre manage all of the reader content ?
i.e. with "automatic management" selected in "sending books to devices" ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #79
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Dopedangel,

Something may be possible, but I don't have a Nook Touch and have no prospect of getting access to one (I'm in the UK).

The way the plugin works, it is necessary to always send the covers to a single named directory (which is different for each of the supported reader devices). This has been discussed earlier in the thread -- basically I do not want to deal with non-ascii directories/filenames and problems with filename lengths.

Given this limitation, would it still be of any interest? If so, would you be prepared to work with me to see if we can come up with something useable?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #80
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi Dopedangel,

Something may be possible, but I don't have a Nook Touch and have no prospect of getting access to one (I'm in the UK).

The way the plugin works, it is necessary to always send the covers to a single named directory (which is different for each of the supported reader devices). This has been discussed earlier in the thread -- basically I do not want to deal with non-ascii directories/filenames and problems with filename lengths.

Given this limitation, would it still be of any interest? If so, would you be prepared to work with me to see if we can come up with something useable?
I have no problem helping
but the way just sending covers to main memory screensavers\calibre folder would work for basic support.
Even if I can't get advanced options its better than nothing. Nook touch does not support individual images but you can select folders that are in the screensavers folder. Thats why I was asking for being able to send by series etc so we could change between covers of series or titles from a particular author.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #81
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I have no problem helping
Good. I will send you a PM with some questions.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #82
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
is PRS+ compatible with still having calibre manage all of the reader content ?
i.e. with "automatic management" selected in "sending books to devices" ?
PRS+ does not change the interaction with Calibre at all - it simply gives extra options on the reader. Since it is always easy to revert to the standard Sony software it is easy enough to try out PRS+. However as it simple adds new functionality to enhance the Sony devices without removing any capability it is unlikely you would want to revert.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #83
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

v1.5.0 released

• Added support for Nook STR.
    It should also work with the Nook original, but this is yet to be confirmed by someone who actually owns one.

If there are any problems after upgrade, please post here.

Regards, Jackie

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-18-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Nook original needs more work
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #84
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

v1.5.1 released

• Plugin should now work correctly for both Nook original and Nook STR models

If there are any problems after upgrade, please post here.

Regards, Jackie
Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #85
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well. having read the prs+ supercedes this plugin, for Sony readers, I installed iprs+ to my sony 650.

but when prs+ chooses the current book cover for standby picture, it does not use the cover thumbnail that I see on main-ereader screen, and that I maintain in calibre; it seems instead to look in the .epub and use page 1 ( which may or may not be same as cover art- I often delete that one inside the book! so unless there's a way to tweak PRS+ behaviour, I'll stick with the plug-in + choosing covers manually.

I think I have to re-run epub to peub with metadata ticked to re-add cover art inside of book, and that re-adds the book summary from metatdata also, whether I want it to or not ?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:01 AM   #86
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
but when prs+ chooses the current book cover for standby picture, it does not use the cover thumbnail that I see on main-ereader screen, and that I maintain in calibre; it seems instead to look in the .epub and use page 1 ( which may or may not be same as cover art
I'll admit my ignorance, but I believe if it is a properly formatted epub the cover will be both, on page one and the first image in the book. I don't know how he gets the cover or what it looks like if there is no cover. Might be interesting to find out.

Quote:
I think I have to re-run epub to peub with metadata ticked to re-add cover art inside of book, and that re-adds the book summary from metatdata also, whether I want it to or not ?
First "with metadata ticked" is foreign to me and definitely not an option needed to place a cover in the book during an epub to epub conversion. As a matter of fact no boxes need to be checked during conversion for the cover in calibre to be inserted into the book.

Unless you are running a very old version of calibre running ePub to ePub does not re-add the book summary. I just did a epub to epub conversion on over 9000 books and not one of them has a book summary included in the book. If you worry about this then uncheck that option under Structure detection.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-28-2011 at 03:06 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #87
cybmole
Wizard

[QUOTE=dwanthny;1760081

First "with metadata ticked" is foreign to me and definitely not an option needed to place a cover in the book during an epub to epub conversion. As a matter of fact no boxes need to be checked during conversion for the cover in calibre to be inserted into the book.

[/QUOTE]
i was referring to " insert metadata as page..". on the structure detection options.
( which is a stupid place to locate this option , IMHO )
Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #88
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i was referring to " insert metadata as page..". on the structure detection options.
( which is a stupid place to locate this option , IMHO )
The location certainly might be better. This feature though is independent of setting the cover in an ePub during conversion.

Good Luck.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #89
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
I'll admit my ignorance, but I believe if it is a properly formatted epub the cover will be both, on page one and the first image in the book. I don't know how he gets the cover or what it looks like if there is no cover. Might be interesting to find out.

Prs+ seems to treat whatever is in the 1st xhtml file as the "cover".

I'll start leaving the cover images "in" if that is the norm.-instead of stripping everthing that comes before start of story.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #90
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I'll start leaving the cover images "in" if that is the norm.-instead of stripping everthing that comes before start of story.
The norm is for the book to have a cover.

Tags
plugin, pocketbook, sony