Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
maximus83
Nameless Being

OK APK, but either way, the approach works the same: physically download the acsm file and put it on your Fire, then Mantano takes the file and retrieves the Epub.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
OK APK, but either way, the approach works the same: physically download the acsm file and put it on your Fire, then Mantano takes the file and retrieves the Epub.
What version did this start with? It use to not have this feature. Anyone know?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #18
maximus83
Nameless Being

I don't know when this feature was added, but if you go into the Mantano settings, there's specifically a setting for adding your ADE subscription info. I assume they're adding that so that they can validate you when you point to an acsm file.

Also I noted that ADE lists Mantano Reader (Android) specifically as being supported. It's in the list of supported devices on this page.

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublis...ported-devices

Last edited by maximus83; 05-01-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What version did this start with? It use to not have this feature. Anyone know?
Adding an acsm by sideloading and opening in with Mantano has worked for a long time (always?) just like it does with Aldiko, what hasn't worked and I don't think does still, is downloading the acsm on device and using it that way.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Adding an acsm by sideloading and opening in with Mantano has worked for a long time (always?) just like it does with Aldiko, what hasn't worked and I don't think does still, is downloading the acsm on device and using it that way.
That's right--I was trying to find a way to DIRECTLY download the acsm to the Mantano, so I wouldn't have the extra step of having to put it on my PC first, then sideload to the Fire. But haven't found a way to do that yet. If anybody has, please speak up.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
No it didn't because if you look over at the Mantano thread there are people asking for that very feature. Remember you and I had a discussion about using ADE to drag library book to work into Mantano because it didn't have that feature. The reason I am asking what version is I still have 1.6.4 on my Fire. I.6.5 crashed so I am leery of upgrading to a newer version. I look through the release notes and no mention when it was added.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No it didn't because if you look over at the Mantano thread there are people asking for that very feature. Remember you and I had a discussion about using ADE to drag library book to work into Mantano because it didn't have that feature. The reason I am asking what version is I still have 1.6.4 on my Fire. I.6.5 crashed so I am leery of upgrading to a newer version. I look through the release notes and no mention when it was added.
As I recall when that discussion was going on opening a sideloaded acsm worked just fine. It was downloading them directly that wasn't working, although I seem to recall it worked for some and not for others. Going on memory here, so maybe I've got it wrong.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #23
maximus83
Nameless Being

Maybe one thing to clarify is whether you have the premium Mantano reader or the free version. They likely support different feature sets. Also Blossom, you said something about running v. 1.6.4, but the current version of Premium I'm running is at 2.0.3.1. So I think it has probably been through several revs.

http://slideme.org/application/mantano-reader-premium
Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
As I recall when that discussion was going on opening a sideloaded acsm worked just fine. It was downloading them directly that wasn't working, although I seem to recall it worked for some and not for others. Going on memory here, so maybe I've got it wrong.
I can download a book directly from my library's website into Mantano. On my android phone, my nook color with CM7 and my Sony tablet.

It doesn't seem to work for the standard android browser but it works just fine for Opera (I think for dolphin too but can't remember). On opera, once the acsm downloads, I get a pop-up message about whether to import it to aldiko or mantano. Easy as pie.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote