Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Buying Dr800SG in USA

I am going in Washington DC next month and I want to buy a DR800sg.
Where I can buy? I mean real shops, etc...

Thank you
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
Franky
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
I am going in Washington DC next month and I want to buy a DR800sg.
Where I can buy? I mean real shops, etc...

Thank you
internet. there is no shop. go to bestbuy.com and you can order one. be aware, you need an US address.
now, if this becomes a problem, you can always use others like USunlocked and so..
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
internet. there is no shop. go to bestbuy.com and you can order one. be aware, you need an US address.
now, if this becomes a problem, you can always use others like USunlocked and so..
I stay for a one week, I could use the address of the hotel.
Do you think I could have problems (i.e. bestbuy do not send to hotels or the ebook takes more than a week to arrive, etcc..)?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Do you think I could have problems (i.e. bestbuy do not send to hotels or the ebook takes more than a week to arrive, etcc..)?
Ewandeep -

I can't imagine why Best Buy wouldn't ship to your hotel.

I do know you can pay for express shipping ($24.99) and the odds are great it'll be there in that week. I've ordered it from Best Buy (to NY state) without express shipping and received it within 3 days...

Is there any way you can coordinate with the hotel so that you can order the item BEFORE you get there? They can then hold the package for you and you can pick it up when you get there. Just a thought...

Good luck.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
orenr
orenr began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
Be aware that your order may be delayed. I ordered one from BB a week ago, and I got the dreaded "Your item is backordered" email
orenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr View Post
Be aware that your order may be delayed. I ordered one from BB a week ago, and I got the dreaded "Your item is backordered" email
thanks, I'll check before to order
Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Mel_Putra
Enthusiast
Mel_Putra is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-300
Hi Guys,

I intend to buy PRS-300 when I visit NYC in Aug for 6 weeks. Can I buy it from real shops or still via internet only? I read that it is available in real shops.. I just need confirmation on that since if it is only available on the net then I will purchase it before my arrival to avoid any delayed delivery complication. Then again, would it get delayed that long????
Still prefer to get a chance to check it out first.

Mel
Mel_Putra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_Putra View Post
I intend to buy PRS-300 when I visit NYC in Aug for 6 weeks. Can I buy it from real shops or still via internet only? I read that it is available in real shops.. I just need confirmation on that since if it is only available on the net then I will purchase it before my arrival to avoid any delayed delivery complication. Then again, would it get delayed that long????
Still prefer to get a chance to check it out first.
Like Apple, Sony have dedicated retail stores. They might not stock all models in a range though. You should be able to find a store near you using the Sony website and contact the store to see which models they carry.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
m42
Enthusiast
m42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire and paperwhite, Ipad mini and Retina, Note 2, Nook tab,HD
You can buy it lots of places. Any Borders or Best Buy. Datavision, J and R, and or course Sonystyle.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
Mel_Putra
Enthusiast
Mel_Putra is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-300
Thanks Guys!
Mel_Putra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
JRG
JRG began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Just ordered a DR800SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr View Post
I placed my order on 2010-05-15 (Saturday afternoon, local time), and received notice from BestBuy on 2010-05-17 (Monday afternoon) that my purchase had shipped. Indeed, it is now in the hands of UPS, and headed in my direction. So, BestBuy is in fact currently shipping the DR800SG.

However, the purchasing experience was a challenge, because BestBuy's shopping cart repeatedly refused to accept the shipping address I had provided. In fact, I have two possible addresses, and BestBuy claimed that neither of them was a valid shipping address. [Each was, in fact, correct and known to be acceptable to both USPS and UPS.]

It took better than 30 minutes of repeated attempts to arrive at a rewording of one of those two addresses that BestBuy finally accepted. [It wasn't my correct address, but UPS will be able to use it.] In that process, I was several times informed by the shopping cart that shipping was free! Ultimately, shipping was not free, but that cost was trivial compared to the sales tax.

I'd say BestBuy's shopping cart software would benefit from the kind of thorough beta testing that the V2 firmware is currently receiving. I wonder whether some of those "backordered" messages others have received were actually sent in error. And I also wonder whether iRex has done itself any favors by committing to an exclusive (in the U.S.) sales arrangement with BestBuy. I'd gladly have gone to some other vendor, just to be able to enter my correct shipping address, once, and be done with it.
JRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Does BestBuy have an "order online - pick up in store" option like Walmart?
If so, stuff could be ordered to the closest "Vacation-location" and be picked up there.

Just a thought...
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
JRG
JRG began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
If so, stuff could be ordered to the closest "Vacation-location" and be picked up there.

Just a thought...
They do have such an option, but it is disabled for the DR800SG. [At least, it is disabled on my machine ...]
JRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
Yes, but generally not for "online only" items.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
I'd be really nervous about doing that. Any delay, either a backorder or even in shipping, and you would miss the device. That would be difficult to deal with afterwards, especially since you wouldn't be in the country any longer. You would have already been charged for it, and somebody at the hotel would be in possession of your package.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote