Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
We have at least twenty reviewers from everywhere from PC World magazine to Chamber Four and the Mobile Gadgeteer all being shipped Pocket PROs today. We also have a TV review on Good Morning San Diego and KTLA Morning Show.
Great! Do you plan to put a list somewhere with all the reviews, or could you give us the names of all website and magazine getting to review the Pocket Pro so we can track the review?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotBob View Post

Astak confirms that their EZ Reader Pocket Pro's are now shipping.

The EZ Reader Pocket Pro is a 5inch eInk based reader device. The device has the new Epson high-speed controller and a 400MHz processor. You can expand the built in memory with an SD card of up to 16GB capacity.

This new device now includes Adobe Digital Editions which allows support for Secure Adobe ePub and PDF eBooks which are sold at many eBook stores and available at many public lending libraries. Support for many other non-secure ebook formats is also included.

You can currently purchase the EZ Reader Pocket PRO for $199 directly from Astak's web site at http://www.theezreader.com/ for a limited time.

This device is being discussed in the Astak forum section here on Mobile Read.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=574993

Feel free to continue the discussion there.
It is desirable that we should have a supply of good books; we cannot have such a supply unless men of letters are liberally remunerated; and the least objectionable way of remunerating them is by means of copyright.
-- Thomas Macaulay, 1841
Yuk, Pink!
My wife loves pink, but not that kind of pink!

Are there any other colors available?

Last edited by ProDigit; 09-02-2009 at 02:47 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
Egbert
Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Aztak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I believe I may be one of the first people to have gotten it. I'm in NY and I used 2-day shipping.

Sorry for the blurry picture, it was taken with a cameraphone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezreader - Copy.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	35324

I'll be leaving it charging for 12 hours, per the instruction manual. First impressions are that the plastic casing feels more like the soft touch rubber that a lot of smartphones seem to be using nowadays. One very disturbing thing I noticed when I played with it for a minute: the page turns seem to take about 2 seconds from the moment that you press the button to the moment that the next page shows. This is with the User Manual PDF that comes on the reader pre-loaded (no images on the pages I flipped through). I will wait until the battery is fully charged to play with it more though.
Egbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations. I just watched both first reader posts pop up.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=19
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I believe I may be one of the first people to have gotten it.
Congratulations Egbert!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Yuk, Pink!
My wife loves pink, but not that kind of pink!

Are there any other colors available?
Yes, there are 4 colors plus black & white for a total of 6 choices. You can see them all at http://www.theezreader.com. And the one in the picture is actually called purple per the website, and the pink is a much softer true pink, so perhaps your wife will like that one.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Egbert, what do you think of the solidity of the scroll-Wheel on the right?

Does it look like sufficiently solid to withstand ten of thousands of page turns during the lifetime of the reader? I'm asking because it looked rather fragile on the pictures posted awhile ago here.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post

Does it look like sufficiently solid to withstand ten of thousands of page turns during the lifetime of the reader? I'm asking because it looked rather fragile on the pictures posted awhile ago here.
I didn't think it looked like a problem, however, this is a fair observation/concern. Back in the dark ages, I owned an ebookman. What did it in was the broken scroll wheel. This was a common enough occurence (similar to broken eink screens today) that there were hacks published for fixing the wheel yourself.

emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #24
Egbert
Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Egbert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Aztak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post

I would say it's rather solid. It's made of plastic, like the rest of the casing. It is easy to toggle, not requiring you to push the nub all the way over. Even when I forcefully push it up or down, it springs back to the center quickly. Of course, it is not my preferred method of turning pages (I like the buttons on the left more) and I didn't turn 10,000 pages to test so your mileage may vary.
Egbert is offline   Reply With Quote