Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
thejoo52
thejoo52 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62ML
Boox i62ML Came Without Case

I just got a Boox i62ML Firefly in the mail, however, it came without a case and in a different sort of package than I'd seen on various youtube videos and such.

I live in China at the moment and, as such, I ordered it off of a Chinese website called Taobao (it's sort of like ebay or amazon). It's sort of strange. The device is indeed an i62ML, however, the flat oblong box it was in said "Boox Touch" on the back of it. Stranger still, the box itself was in a sleeve that said Firefly on it. The manual says Boox i62 (no mention of firefly or the "ML" suffix). I'm attaching a picture, so you get the idea.

Is the included case an exclusive thing through Booxtor's own distribution or is there some funny business going on here with swapped packaging?

(Picture: on left is the box sleeve that says "Firefly" and some Chinese text below it. On right is the box itself, which says "Boox" along with some funny Engrish on the front side and "Boox Touch" on its reverse side.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0184 (Medium).jpg
Views:	336
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	100836  

Last edited by thejoo52; 02-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
thejoo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
No funny business me thinks, just packed for the chinese market. How much did you pay?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
thejoo52
thejoo52 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62ML
I paid 1069RMB, so that's about 170USD or 128Euro. I understand that that's a pretty good deal, but it'd have been nice to have a case. The cases are dirt cheap on Taobao though. I just dread doing another online transaction here.
thejoo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
I bought my Boox Touch i62HD through Taobao several months ago (closest retailer geographically to NZ, and the cheapest). It was offered in about half a dozen alternate 'packages' with different optional extras. I bought the second-cheapest option which came with a fairly heavy/clunky unofficial cover (offered with all packages), the official Boox cover and some other not-particularly-useful odds & ends.

So, yes, it is possible to get a Boox-with-case through Taobao, but you've got to be careful to make sure what it is exactly that is in the package being ordered. This admittedly is true with any internet order.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
ben1111ben
ben1111ben began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox i62 ml
This is i62ml / firefly indeed, just for Chinese market. The case, charger, TF card and headphone are optional.
ben1111ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert