Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
Quasar
Quasar began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Making epubs for Stanza on Ipod Touch

So I'm trying to convert a few rtf files into ePub format using Calibre and I'm having some trouble. Namely that with the created files when I try and look at them using Stanza on the iPod Touch I can only see the first page of each chapter, otherwise it is all blank. All the text certainly is there when I view the file using Stanza for Windows.

And I don't really know why this is happening. I've tried both the default and the Sony Reader profiles.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have no problem with converting such files. The cover image tends to not show up and ones has to page past that, but all the text shows up fine. I have my system set for the Sony Reader profile as I also have a Sony PRS-505.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's because stanza and iBooks apparently can't handle position:relative in the CSS

http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5231
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote