Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #61
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I would be tempted by a small (13-inch screen?) laptop with good battery life. Also want an Epson xp600 printer below the usual $100 sale price.

Thanks for this thread, tubemonkey!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Nothing to do with Black Friday, but WD Mybook 3 terabyte drives are $129.99. I have two 4 TB ones and may buy a third as they are $169.

Seagates are cheaper still with 3 TB starting at $99. I kind of like the WD ones though.

Helen
Yeah external drives have come down since last year because wireless drives are the newest thing. You don't need a PC to access them just an app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #63
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I probably don't really NEED them but I would love kobo glos for me and my daughter and I been looking for inexpensive but fairly good quality 7 inch tablets (1 android; 1 windows)

Eta: a 2+TB drive would be nice but I already have 2 1TB drives
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #64
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
you got that straight
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
An ad list for RadioShack is now out. I posted the link in the OP. As soon as the ad scan is leaked, I'll post it. As soon as I get a chance to look it over, I'll post deals appropriate to this thread.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Totally unimpressed with RadioShack's offerings this year. Very lame! In year's past, they were always a good source for Sansa Clips; but not so this year. They have no Clips.

They do have digital storage, though; but we won't know how good their prices are until we can compare them with other stores once those ads drop.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #67
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'd love to see a laptop preloaded with linux.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #68
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Well, if you don't find one, don't let that stop you, eschwartz! My new laptop arrived today. After 5 minutes of active involvement on my part, and another 20 minutes letting it "do its thing" I had it dual booting between Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.10.

Just look for a good, inexpensive laptop, and you should be fine.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #69
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
On Sale NOW! Best Buy has Kindle Touch 3g for $149!!http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Amazon+-...=1218425940670
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #70
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Totally unimpressed with RadioShack's offerings this year. Very lame! In year's past, they were always a good source for Sansa Clips; but not so this year. They have no Clips.

They do have digital storage, though; but we won't know how good their prices are until we can compare them with other stores once those ads drop.
Too bad about the Clips. The 32GB Cruzer flash drive for $7.99 is tempting, though. Not enough to actually go the the store for one, but if it's offered online I'd get several.

Were the Clips available online last year?
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Were the Clips available online last year?
Yes; they were.

I'll decide on storage after all of the ads drop.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #72
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Well, if you don't find one, don't let that stop you, eschwartz! My new laptop arrived today. After 5 minutes of active involvement on my part, and another 20 minutes letting it "do its thing" I had it dual booting between Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.10.
Just look for a good, inexpensive laptop, and you should be fine.
Ah, but if tubemonkey will do all the looking for me...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Ah, but if tubemonkey will do all the looking for me...

Here's a thread over at SlickDeals you can follow. Even though I'll be tracking laptops, I'm sure they'll go into more depth than I ever will.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #74
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I don't touch a store or mall after Thanksgiving besides a grocery store.

I start Christmas shopping in July. I've never shopped on BF I don't have the nerves for it.

It's a tradition for my sister to go out that day, but she's always been a little crazy.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
I don't touch a store or mall after Thanksgiving besides a grocery store.

I start Christmas shopping in July. I've never shopped on BF I don't have the nerves for it.

It's a tradition for my sister to go out that day, but she's always been a little crazy.
Online BF shopping isn't stressful. Streaming music and sipping tea while surfing the deals can be quite relaxing. Give it a shot this year.