Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Eusebius
Eusebius began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Shell access again

Hi there anyone !

Just got the travel hub and reanimated my silver Irex Iliad.

Problem now is how to get shell access.

I´ve read the topic, yes. But I wanted to open up a new thread just to get more attention. Sorry ! Hope you forgive me...

Someone here posted an "registry.xml" file but his Iliad is the V2 and not the silver one. Anyone here knows if his file is fully compatible to the silver version, too ?

Next problem: How can you flash that file to the ILiad ?

Any help appreciated ! Thanks in advance...
Eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I would like to join Eusebius' request. I have a 2nd Ed. Iliad with no shell access and therefore severely limited capabilities... If there is a way to gain shell access and install all the goodies, I would be grateful if someone could point us in the right direction.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Could you please check, whether you can reflash your iLiad. Wiki says, you need firmware 2.11 and Developer Package (If it is really needed there must be more than entry in registry.xml).
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/How_...ash_your_iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki/How_to_reflash_your_iLiad
You want to be sure that you are able to reflash before you break anything. Here's what you need to do.

Make sure your iLiad is powered off, with nothing on the screen.
Hold the connect button in the upper right hand corner of your iLiad.
While holding the button, press the power switch on the bottom.
Count to Five while continuing to hold the button.
Release the connect button.

You should see the boot image appear. After a second or two, the whole screen will flash white, and it will start to boot normally. Congratulations! Your iLiad is able to be reflashed.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
Eusebius

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Could you please check, whether you can reflash your iLiad. Wiki says, you need firmware 2.11 and Developer Package (If it is really needed there must be more than entry in registry.xml).
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/How_...ash_your_iLiad
Well, quess my firmware is the most acutal one....
Does it mean, flashing is impossible ?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Mentioned firmware version and above is working.

Again, please test it as described, whether flashing is working w/o Developer Package or not. I don't know it. No CF card is needed. Just do it! When you can get a 'white flashed screen' while booting (flashing possible) we will see further.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #6
Eusebius

Well... thanks.

I am a bit confused.
What button has to be hold 5 seconds ?
Just the connect button, true ?
The power on/off button has to be used normally, right ?

What is meant with the "boot image" ? Is it just the normal well known image appearing each and every time you boot up the iliad ?

In my own words I would describe it that way: (just holding the connect button 5 seconds after using the on/off switch)

It seems the Iliad boots up normally, first. The regular boot image appears.
But the tiny rectangles on the bottom stay black, obviously the device is not booting up normally.
After a few seconds the image totally disappears, reappears and then the rectangles start to get white from the left to the right, as usual.

Does it mean, my ILiad is able to be flashed ?
Guess so ... ??