Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #106
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
But how many of those are successful businesses right now? Google is hoping that they become a successful business, while what Apple is producing in limited models already are successful businesses.
You don't consider Google to be a successful company?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #107
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
You don't consider Google to be a successful company?
You misunderstand me.

Sub businesses.

Apple is a business. iPhone, iPad and laptops are businesses within Apple.

Google does not have profitable driverless car business. Search yes. Ad revenue from Android too, I think.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #108
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
But how many of those are successful businesses right now? Google is hoping that they become a successful business, while what Apple is producing in limited models already are successful businesses.
]
My point is Apple has been up and down this rollercoaster before that is inevitable given their business model. I don't think they will "fail", I just think they will downturn and Google will surpass them in value because they are pioneering so many areas of technology that have a lot of potential.

You never know, any time you push the limits you will be met with a lot of failure and Google may fail at everything. I just feel there's a good chance they'll eventually hit another homerun much like Apple did with the iPod. I said iPod not iPhone because without the iPod I don't think Apple would have survived long enough to produce the iPhone, and the iPhone never would have had the success it did without the iPod laying the groundwork.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #109
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
You misunderstand me.

Sub businesses.

Apple is a business. iPhone, iPad and laptops are businesses within Apple.

Google does not have profitable driverless car business. Search yes. Ad revenue from Android too, I think.
But the "sub" businesses are not Google's main business. Their sub businesses are to drive future diversification and growth. Apple has made no visible effort to diversify in that way since the iPod and iTunes. Which as I mentioned above likely saved them.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote