Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #31
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
Ooh! The ability to wishlist 'coming soon' books or to be notified when an author has a new book would be fabulously great!
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #32
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
1) Improve the search engine
2) Improve the search engine
3) Improve the search engine
4) Add a shopping cart
5) Add series order as a sort option
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
1) Improve the search engine
2) Improve the search engine
3) Improve the search engine
4) Add a shopping cart
5) Add series order as a sort option
Yes, all of that.

I'd also like a publication date sort order.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #34
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybug3 View Post
Ooh! The ability to wishlist 'coming soon' books or to be notified when an author has a new book would be fabulously great!
^^^ THIS TOO!!!!
and ditto fbrII and Anemic Oak also!

I really hope Kobo's listening because they've lost my business lately. I've gotten better [and easier to find] deals at Amazon, Googleplay and even Sony [yes, it's true!].

I also agree with Mrs.Often that this should be stickied, although I'm sure Kobo is very busy with the launch of new product. Soon enough though they'll want to keep all those existing AND new customers happy!?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After reading this I want them to fix/quit doing whatever is going on here
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ut-not-others/

Makes me much less likely to buy from them.
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
After reading this I want them to fix/quit doing whatever is going on here
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ut-not-others/

Makes me much less likely to buy from them.
Thanks for posting that, I too have noticed that on occasion, price changing between log-in and not, etc. That and I've noticed prices changing from day-to-day as well. ie. A book I wanted yesterday was $17, today it's $14. [Incidentally I bought it today at Amazon for $10!!!] I'm sure this happens elsewhere also, and dropping pices is a good thing, but it goes the other way also where prices increase! As the article says, I'm quite happy to give my business to Kindle, Sony, Google, whoever is willing to [consistently] give me better prices.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #37
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
How about actually selling the e-readers, so that US customers could buy them?
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #38
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Eldrick:
Surely your beefs are with the wrong people.

KOBO do NOT sell to the consumers.

Go and gripe to the B & M stores
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Eldrick:
Surely your beefs are with the wrong people.

They did not that long ago (it's how I bought a Vox). Since they have no US partner bookstore anymore (AFAIK) maybe they should do so again.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #40
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Kobo sold me a Touch when I first bought one a year or so ago.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
EldRick
Evangelist

Quote:
Oh? What's this then?
http://www.kobobooks.com/touch_wheretobuy
http://www.kobo.com/ereaders/kobo-to...-us-black.html
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #42
EldRick
Evangelist

Quote:
Barnes and Mobile?

Last edited by EldRick; 10-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Barnes and Mobile?
Brick & Mortar
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

hmmm nothing like a good BM...
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
hmmm nothing like a good BM...
Groan!
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote