>30 minutes 8 12.90%
30 minutes-1 hour 22 35.48%
1-2 hours 17 27.42%
2 hours plus 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #16
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I read 1-2 hours a night on average I would say. It all depends if I have to work the next day and what time I start reading, since I often watch dvd's in bed. And of course it depends how much I like the book I'm reading, I hate it when it's late and I have to work the next day so I can't finish the last 100 or so pages of a good book.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 AM   #17
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I always read way too long when I should be sleeping. If I want to know how the books finishes I just read on and on. Sometimes till three o'clock in the night. Always been a fool about books.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #18
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Usually about one hour, but when the book is too gripping it can easily become two or three hours.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #19
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I aim at 30 minutes - 1 hour
Unfortunately, it might 15-20 minutes sometimes

There were two time periods in my life when I could read through the night.
Age 14-16.5, the last two year in the High school. I would use dad's mining headlamp under the blanket.

Then, much later, age 23-27 when I was working shifts in a factory. Sometimes when I had an evening shift that officially ended at 23.00, with a couple of overtime hours, I would come home at about 01.00-02.00 and read up till 06.00 Wake up at 13.00 for the next shift, so it was not a problem
Not anymore though. I have to think about the next day and my stern sentry won't let me anyway. The longest I stayed on weekday was 01.00

Last edited by astra; 01-25-2011 at 05:37 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #20
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

I have clicked from one to two hours.
There are some books which are 'unputterdownable' (I know!).

I usually watch documentaries on my laptop in bed, till about 10.30pm, then read.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #21
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
I have selected 30mins to 1 hour.
I usually read after my evening meal. Do a few household chores. Go to bed reasonably early so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed when I get up at 6am. for work.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #22
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I watch little to no TV - so reading supplies my nightly entertainment. And I HATE to stop to honor a bedtime schedule!
I watch no TV at all (and my wife complains regularly about my having bought the 42-inch plasma TV 5 years ago when I never watch TV; she particularly hates where I mounted it), much preferring to listen to opera and read. I usually read for a couple of hours before bedtime and then for 2 or more hours after getting into bed. A good book is so much better than a TV program.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #23
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I said 1 -2 hours, but it not dedicated reading time. Often the TV will be on and I'll be reading and sort of half paying attention to the program - drives my wife nuts Other times I'll read for 3 or 4 hours with nothing else going on in the house!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #24
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I checked 1-2 hours...but it depends on who else is there
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #25
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
I fall asleep in bed as soon as I read a couple of pages!
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Depends on how tired I am. I checked 30 min. to an hour but it can be anywhere from ten minutes to three or four hours, depending on how tired I am and how good the book is.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
If the top one is supposed to be < (less than) 30 minutes, then that is the one I want. Most nights I don't read at all -- I do my reading in the morning, which is completely outside of your time window (is there a 0 option? ) I watch TV and knit after I get ready for bed.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Up to an hour (voted) if I don't fall asleep in bed.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #29
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I don't watch tv so that leaves a lot of time for reading. As I'm retired I can read more or less when I like. Sometimes I just keep going through the night well into next morning then sleep the afternoon and evening away. I sort of turn nocturnal.

That works well on 40+ days when my glasses steam up and it's just too darn hot to even read. Much better to read when the Southerly buster arrives late evening.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #30
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I usually go to bed with the idea of reading a couple of pages and then going to sleep to be fresh the next day for work. About 1-2 hrs later I force myself turn off my light and actually put my book away to get some sleep.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote