Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
a few problems

having to push the power switch a couple time to get the reader to turn on and having to press the page turn button multiple times to get the reader to turn the page, if i use to touch function to turn the page it works just fine.

also haveing an SD card read error pop up about every 3-4 days and when this happens it clears all my bookmarks.

the problems are not a real big deal just annoying
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I would return it for a replacement.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
kceb10

i talked to sony customer care and they had me do a soft reset on the reader. It seems to be working correctly again, we will see how long it lasts. I've had alot little glitches with the 900, my 505 was a much better unit than the 900 has been so far
Old 03-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
OK, I've had mine for 5 weeks or so and have not performed a reset yet with daily use. Don't wait too long if you want to exchange it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I had an extended conversation with a Sony support person last Thursday concerning some problems I was having with my Sony 900. I thought it might be worthwhile to offer some highlights here. I apologize if much is already well known here.
  • According to him Sony only guarantees some of the features for ebooks purchased from Sony; most notably the touch screen highlighting and book marking capabilities.
  • If the reader is left charging using the USB connection past the point of full charge then it will actually begin to lose charge. Not sure if I actually believe this since he also said--
  • If the reader is left charging using the AC adapter past the point of full charge then it will also begin to lose charge.
  • Doing a hard reset of the device will result in loss of all content on the device and loss of the ability to reload all the content I had on my computer from when I had my 505.
  • The hard reset appears to have corrected all my problems for now.
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
That AC charging note can't be right. My charging light goes out upon full charge and my reader won't even attempt to charge unless partly depleted.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
kceb10

i have had the AC charger kill my battery by leaving it pluged in over night, when i got up the next day and turned my reader on it was dead and i had to recharge it again.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
OK, I've had mine for 5 weeks or so and have not performed a reset yet with daily use. Don't wait too long if you want to exchange it.
Haven't done a single reset in the more than 2 months I've got my Sony 900. In general my Sony readers are amongst my most reliable and stable ones.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceb10 View Post
i have had the AC charger kill my battery by leaving it pluged in over night, when i got up the next day and turned my reader on it was dead and i had to recharge it again.
This kind of makes sense. When the battery is full, charging is disconnected (internally). Therefore battery will slowly start loosing power - especially is the device is being charge while turned on.
Maybe for some reason charging process does not automatically resume unless you disconnect the charger and plug it in again.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote