Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
5th of september?

The last update came out the 5th of september 2008. I know, I'm a natural optimist, but... next week is the 5th of september, so maybe....
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
The next Monday, 5th of September, is in 2011...
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
** sighs **

That ain't fun amymore.
At least all this will stop when bookeen publish the update.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-25-2009 at 05:16 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Remember, remember the fifth of september.
The Firmware Treason and Plot.
I know of no reason,
Why the Firmware Treason
Should ever be forgot...
bjornkeizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
** sighs **

That ain't fun amymore.
Yep, THIS will stop, but people will start complaining about and discussing old and new bugs, still missing features, new features and blah...

BTW: One things for sure... the 5th of September WILL come!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I think this firmware will become a legend anyway
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
....in its own life-time..
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #8
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
** sighs **

That ain't fun amymore.
Actually, I think it was hilarious. Also the poem was wonderful. Nearly fell off my chair laughing. You don't have to take it that serious, people still made fun of Duke Nukem Forever long after it was clear that it would never happen...
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #9
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Thanks for the poem. Good one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffi View Post
..., people still made fun of Duke Nukem Forever long after it was clear that it would never happen...
That ain´t fun. You know it still hurts
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
** sighs **

That ain't fun amymore.
Don't you mean IF Bookeen published the update?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
They will publish it.
Why do I believe that ? Because i have poof of it every time i star my opus or my gen3 running said update Or close to anyway.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #12
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
Thanks for the poem. Good one
That ain´t fun. You know it still hurts
Btw, have you heard about that rumour that there WILL BE a Duke Nukem Forever after all? They say now that they sold the Studio IT WILL HAPPEN...

Old 08-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #13
Snuffi
Addict

Quote:
They will publish it.
Why do I believe that ? Because i have poof of it every time i star my opus or my gen3 running said update Or close to anyway.
You are 100% correct. So close to the release - and with some versions already out in the wild - I doubt that they would cancel that update. So it's basically just a question of time.... All the more reason to pass the time having some fun
Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 AM   #14
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffi View Post
All the more reason to pass the time having some fun
Like, bang the Cybook on your head 'till the screen brokes, so you can get a replacement WITH the new FW?!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Like, bang the Cybook on your head 'till the screen brokes, so you can get a replacement WITH the new FW?!
I sent my Cybook Gen3 to Bookeen to have its screen replaced and the firmware updated about seven weeks ago.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote