Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Kindle books from the MR library?

I've just received my new Kindle Paperwhite and need some good books to side-load onto it. I love the MR formatted illustrated books, something with cats in or about a cat (which doesn't die at the end) would be great. Otherwise, I'm fond of Dickens, but have most of those on my Sony 505, I HATE Jane Austen. I prefer something with a bit of melodrama, humour and memorable characters, oh and cats. Illustrations are a great hit.

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Have you looked for mobi versions of the books you already like from the MR library?

Also check out Project Gutenberg. They produce mobi versions of all their books. I'm sure a search on cats would turn up several results.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No cats in them, that I remember, but even so I suggest Kim by Rudyard Kipling or Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson.

You can find my omnibus of Kidnapped and Catriona here.

You can find my version of Kim here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote