Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
Like that but needs to be able to be used in a color laser printer. The one you linked is only for inkjet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #32
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

Shirts

If you are interested in getting shirts that are embroidered instead of printed I have used this company before :

http://www.queensboro.com/index.html?ref_id=593294

The have a minimum qty of 4 pieces and polo shirts begin about $12. They also have a wide variety of items that can be embroidered. There is no set-up fee for the artwork and you can easily change the colors between jobs.

I've been happy with their work so far.

Sartori

Edit : I just browsed over their site (haven't been there in a while) and it looks like they also offer printing now. Looks like t-shirts begin at $9.00.

Last edited by sartori; 02-23-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: More Information
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #33
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Like that but needs to be able to be used in a color laser printer. The one you linked is only for inkjet.
I've searched, but haven't found much. Will keep looking and post back a link if I ever find one.....now I'm on a mission.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:36 AM   #34
Lexicon
Enthusiast
Lexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
I've searched, but haven't found much. Will keep looking and post back a link if I ever find one.....now I'm on a mission.
I doubt you'll find any iron on transfers that can be printed in laser printers. Iinkjets work by spraying ink onto paper, laser printers work by fusing toner particles onto the paper with very high temperatures (much hotter than an iron).

If you sent an iron-on transfer sheet through a laser printer you'd either end up activating the transfer inside or melting it completely, both results would probably wreck the printer.
Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #35
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Injets are cheap, you can get one just for those tshirts. It'll even be cheaper than the tshirts and transfer paper combined.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #36
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Of course you shouldn't use the transfer sheets made for an ink jet printer in a laser printer. That's why it is not such an easy thing to find....but I have found a few companies that sell transfer sheets for this purpose, but they seem to only sell to commercial entities and not to individuals, such as this one:

http://www.proworldinc.com/transfer_papers.aspx

Last edited by ProfJulie; 02-24-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #37
ProfJulie
Evangelist

Here's one that might work:

http://www.imprintables.com/index.cf.../16/index.html
Old 02-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #38
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, I'm a bit late (just did some major Computer maintenance...) but I'd like to add my congratulations to the winners and thanks to all the contributor!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #39
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
A small update: The new logo is currently being revised. Once it is ready, we'll contact everyone who has won in the contest.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #40
Barry_Tikkanen
Barry_Tikkanen began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Edge and Nokia n770 internet tablet
Congratulations to renderstudio! Your logo is the one I would have chosen, had I not entered a logo myself.
Barry_Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How long till the revisions are done?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #42
renderstudio
renderstudio began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Electrovaya Scribbler
latest revisions

just sent some in. I hope they will be well received. I need the geek-cred.

This website lets you upload an image for a t-shirt and will sell the shirt for you. It is very cool, and since they do basically inkjet printing on the cotton itself, there are no setup fees.

http://www.bountee.com/members/desig...er.jsp?id=3019

Bountee.com - Individually designed Tee-shirts
renderstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #43
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Seems like the logo is finally done. Looks great! Cute favicon too
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #44
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Seems like the logo is finally done. Looks great! Cute favicon too
Same here.
I like the new logo.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
stylie ! so, is the next contest going to be "find a name for the MobileRead mascot" ?

just a question though, someone mentioned the favicon, did that change as well ? because i still see the old one, even after a ctrl + f5 to empty the cache.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, logo, mobileread