Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
How would I put more info on CBZ files?

So I read manga and zip them then turn that zip into CBZ format. I want to add an Author and a table of contents to these CBZ files. How can I do this? I am using a Kobo Glo.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
CBZ/CBR/CB7 as the format don't support any additional metadata.

Some of readers might support reading this type of data from additional source not directly connected with CBZ format. No idea if any of Kobo reader applications can do that.

Two most popular CBX medatata formats are:
  • ComicRack - It use additional XML file in archive.
  • ComicBookLover - If I remeber correctly it store data in comment section of ZIP header.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 01-27-2014 at 12:22 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
CBZ/CBR/CB7 as the format don't support any additional metadata.

Some of readers might support reading this type of data from additional source not directly connected with CBZ format. No idea if any of Kobo reader applications can do that.

Two most popular CBX medatata formats are:
  • ComicRack - It use additional XML file in archive.
  • ComicBookLover - If I remeber correctly it store data in comment section of ZIP header.
So, Kobo may not support it? Does anyone know for sure? and how would I make this metadata thing?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm quite sure that Kobo don't support that.

You can add that data to already prepared CBZ file with ComicRack or ComicTagger.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I'm quite sure that Kobo don't support that.

You can add that data to already prepared CBZ file with ComicRack or ComicTagger.
Ok thank you I will test it out and see if the Kobo will accept it.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo ereaders do not read any metadata from CBR and CBZ files. You could convert them the epub and it will read the metadata. But, I think the CBR/CBZ is the better format for reading on the Kobo ereaders.

If you are calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utililities plugin to set the metadata in the database on the ereader after they have been loaded by the ereader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #7
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yeah. Stick with CBZ/CBR.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #8
tharael89
Enthusiast
tharael89 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
is there not a way to do so without having to use calibre and connecting the device?
i'm more the type to load the books and cbz directly in the sd card and then on the device.

i've tried to use ComicRack but the info file is not read.

two questions.

1 - kobo doesn't read the metadata in cbz and cbr because it's a thing the haven't thought or is more like the metadata file it's not in the format kobo is able to read?

2 - if I load the files on my sd and later, when i have to charge the battery, i connect my kobo to the pc and start calibre, i'll be able to modify the metadata for cbz files or do i have to load them with calibre?
tharael89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharael89 View Post
is there not a way to do so without having to use calibre and connecting the device?
i'm more the type to load the books and cbz directly in the sd card and then on the device.

i've tried to use ComicRack but the info file is not read.

two questions.

1 - kobo doesn't read the metadata in cbz and cbr because it's a thing the haven't thought or is more like the metadata file it's not in the format kobo is able to read?
Other than saying that the firmware doesn't read it, I don't know. Is there an official standard for the metadata? Or is it a de facto standard because ComicRack or something else does it that way?
[QUOTA]
2 - if I load the files on my sd and later, when i have to charge the battery, i connect my kobo to the pc and start calibre, i'll be able to modify the metadata for cbz files or do i have to load them with calibre?[/QUOTE]

The only way I know to do this is using my Kobo Utilities plugin and calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote