Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The 650 is pretty zippy. Clean all your books off and do a hard factory reset. That'll speed it up. Having lots of books on really slows it down. I don't know why ereaders behave like that but they all do.
Having bought and returned a Kobo Glo, I'm planning on installing PRS+ on my 650 hoping to get the user adjustable fonts, more useful font sizes and adjustable line spacing (not certain if this last one is possible). I do hope it won't slow down the device further though.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
You can definitely change the line spacing once PRS+ is installed, you're only limited by the .css file you create with your specific wants and needs.

You will run into a few books where fonts and sizes are embedded (I wish book publishers would never do that). Usually opening them up through Calibre's "tweak" function and editing those out will fix it. And if worse comes to worse, open it in Sigil and you can find exactly where the issue is.

But PRS+ will make your 650 seem like a new reader.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Having bought and returned a Kobo Glo, I'm planning on installing PRS+ on my 650 hoping to get the user adjustable fonts, more useful font sizes and adjustable line spacing (not certain if this last one is possible). I do hope it won't slow down the device further though.
Just out of curiosity, why did you return the Glo?
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
See post #12 in this thread.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote