Notices

Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
Sony Connect $199 Voucher

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a Sony PRS-505 package on eBay and one of the things included in this package as a voucher for $199 on the Sony Connect store

Unfortunately I live in Australia and do not have access to a U.S. credit card to get to the Sony store.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on ways for me to get this thing to work that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That voucher may have expired by now ... I don't recall if there's a time limit on it or not. But in any case, I do have a couple of suggestions for you to try and redeem it.
  1. Click the "I live in the United States" box when you're installing the eBook Library software, and don't give the Sony Store a credit card at all, it doesn't require one to redeem the vouchers, and doesn't check anything except the billing address on the card it doesn't require to determine where you live.
  2. Just get your books from here -- all the books in the $199 deal are Public Domain, which you can mostly get free from other sources, like the E-Books section of MobileRead.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Just to echo what Natch just said...

...you don't live in Australia. You live in the US.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The $199 voucher is really a $200 voucher for what Sony terms classic eBooks. And as NatCh said, a lot of classics are available here without DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
ah great thanks for answering my question
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The $199 voucher is really a $200 voucher for what Sony terms classic eBooks. And as NatCh said, a lot of classics are available here without DRM.
If you really like classics you can get 10,000 of them for $9.99 on the Silk Pagoda dvd:
http://www.silkpagoda.com/catalog/pr...=650&keywords=
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote