Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
bdr90
bdr90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Problem with Kobo Touch

Hello. I have Kobo Touch, but it has frozen screen ("Select language"). When i try turn on, kobo light blue for 8-10 second an turn off. I tryed factory reset, but it not work.
Help please.
bdr90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Did it do anything at all when you tried to factory reset?
markino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Is it charged?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
I had a similar problem, when even using the hard reset option using the hole at the back did not work. However the below did.

First make sure it's got a decent charge by charging for a least 1 hr. Then Try a button factory reset, by:

1. Hold the power button in the off position for about 15 seconds, to ensure the device is off.

2. Then hold down the home button and while holding down slide the power button to the on position. This should force a factory reset.

Please feedback if this works
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
bdr90

unfortunately, this metod not work.

Edit: My pc recognized Kobo as NS Blank CODEX for 8-10 second

Ok, i take off back cover. Inside was sd card. I need image of firmware Kobo Touch. Maybe it is solution.

Last edited by bdr90; 11-26-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
relbeig
relbeig began at the beginning.

Sorry, first post and I can't see how to post my problem, so adding to this thread. Upgraded my KT today and it froze, blank screen, computer won't recognize it. Green light keeps flashing....nothing else. Tried the paperclip reset, does nothing...tried holding home button and sliding power button quickly...get green light, blue light, red light, then green light flashes continuously....please help!
relbeig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by relbeig View Post
Sorry, first post and I can't see how to post my problem, so adding to this thread. Upgraded my KT today and it froze, blank screen, computer won't recognize it. Green light keeps flashing....nothing else. Tried the paperclip reset, does nothing...tried holding home button and sliding power button quickly...get green light, blue light, red light, then green light flashes continuously....please help!
How did you upgrade? Along the official way (via Desktop software or via Wifi)?

If not, did you use the correct firmware, if not so, you need advanced computerskills and a search on the forum on how to put it alive again, if possible.

If yes, before trying any reset, make sure the device is properly put off. Slide the power-button to the right, and hold it for 30 seconds. It might be that the screen does not show anything, but the device will then probably be off. Then try the different resets again, and between every try switch the device off again by the 30 seconds method.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
relbeig

I upgraded by Wifi......I will try the resets again. Please tell me where / how to post a new message on Mobileread.......I've looked everywhere for a 'new thread' link and can't find one, If I can't get it to reset, do you think it is covered by warranty?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Please tell me where / how to post a new message on Mobileread.......I've looked everywhere for a 'new thread' link and can't find one, If I can't get it to reset, do you think it is covered by warranty?
There is a button on the left bottom corner of the thread overview.

For the warranty, you can at least try, in my opinion you did not do anything you should not have done...
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
relbeig

Thanks for your reply.....I can see the 'new reply' button on the thread, but how do I post a new question on the forum, a new thread?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks for your reply.....I can see the 'new reply' button on the thread, but how do I post a new question on the forum, a new thread?
On the list of threads page , there is a "New thread" link above and below the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
bdr90

Any idea? Hot to unbrick Kobo Touch?