Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #121
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
Depends on how you look upon it. Kobo sells the sleepcover (slimfit) for €35,00, so I think Gecko is up to par.......
Allthough I am a bit surprised that they don't make them out of real leather.
Hi Barnowl

We can buy the Kobo Glo Sleepcover in Aus for $35 * straight from a shop, that is no postage.

The Gecko products are more costly than similar products that can be purchased in our region plus they charge postage.

* HT advertises the Glo Sleepcover for $40, and Office Works price matches and also takes $5 off where their price wasn't already the cheaper.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #122
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Would any of the covers designed for a Kindle fit the Kobo Glow? If so, which Kindle would be closest or probably the best fit. I have been told a case for the Kindle 4 would fit but I would have thought the Kindle Paperwhite would be a better fit since they are close in size.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #123
jdta09
jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I'm quite interested in this case as I like the corner clip-in way of attaching the reader. Is it easy to get it in and out without damaging the case as I like it in the case during the day but out of the case when I'm at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
For those of you interested: Our Slimfit covers for the Glo are available since yesterday evening. Biggest improvement, compared to our Luxe or Leather cases, is the 'thin-ness' of it. The Slimfit cover also has an auto 'wake-up/sleep' function. Hope you guys like it!

Please take a look: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-glo-slimfit-cover.html
jdta09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #124
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdta09 View Post
I'm quite interested in this case as I like the corner clip-in way of attaching the reader. Is it easy to get it in and out without damaging the case as I like it in the case during the day but out of the case when I'm at home?
I have one. It's very easy to put in, but not so easy to take out. I was more worried about damaging my screen than the case when I was wrestling with it. Perhaps there's a knack to it which I don't have Luckily I have no particular reason to want to remove it.

I like the case because it adds so little to the size of the reader.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #125
jdta09
jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.jdta09 has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Thanks, in that case (no pun intended) I'll dither for a bit longer.
jdta09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #126
Kilvearn
Kilvearn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I have one. It's very easy to put in, but not so easy to take out. I was more worried about damaging my screen than the case when I was wrestling with it. Perhaps there's a knack to it which I don't have Luckily I have no particular reason to want to remove it.

I like the case because it adds so little to the size of the reader.
The case seems nice

Just a little question : can you turn the front of the case behing the ereader, when you're reading ?
I don't know if I'm clear (sorry for my English...)
Kilvearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #127
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilvearn View Post
Just a little question : can you turn the front of the case behing the ereader, when you're reading ?
I don't know if I'm clear (sorry for my English...)
I understand what you mean. Yes, the front cover easily folds back behind the reader so you can hold in one hand.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #128
Kilvearn

Quote:
I understand what you mean. Yes, the front cover easily folds back behind the reader so you can hold in one hand.
Thanks for your quick reply

When you fold back the front cover, can you lock it (with the same magnectic lock as when you close it) ?

And does it add a noticeable weight to the Kobo ?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When you fold back the front cover, can you lock it (with the same magnectic lock as when you close it) ?
The magnetic flap is very flexible so you can kind of fold it back and tuck it between the front cover and the back of the reader so that it engages with its magnetic counterpart in the same way it does when closed the 'right way round'. This would keep the flap out of the way, but it's not a very strong magnetic link when used the 'wrong way round'.

Quote:
And does it add a noticeable weight to the Kobo ?
No it's lighter than many cases I've had. I think the website states 100g, which is quite light considering that the front cover seems pretty rigid to me.

For anyone trying to decide between a Slimfit and a Leather protection cover... I also have the Gecko Leather cover for my Sony PRST1 (I'm assuming it's very similar to the KoboGlo version). My observations are:
  • Leather cover is classier (burgundy colour is beautiful) but bulkier (depth ~22mm with reader in). Easy to insert and extract reader. Nice if you read mainly at home.
  • Slimfit is more compact, lighter and protects all corners of the reader better (depth ~15mm with reader in). Easy to insert reader, trickier to extract (for me). More suitable when on the go.
I like them both very much.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #130
Kilvearn

Quote:
The magnetic flap is very flexible so you can kind of fold it back and tuck it between the front cover and the back of the reader so that it engages with its magnetic counterpart in the same way it does when closed the 'right way round'. This would keep the flap out of the way, but it's not a very strong magnetic link when used the 'wrong way round'.

No it's lighter than many cases I've had. I think the website states 100g, which is quite light considering that the front cover seems pretty rigid to me.

For anyone trying to decide between a Slimfit and a Leather protection cover... I also have the Gecko Leather cover for my Sony PRST1 (I'm assuming it's very similar to the KoboGlo version). My observations are:
  • Leather cover is classier (burgundy colour is beautiful) but bulkier (depth ~22mm with reader in). Easy to insert and extract reader. Nice if you read mainly at home.
  • Slimfit is more compact, lighter and protects all corners of the reader better (depth ~15mm with reader in). Easy to insert reader, trickier to extract (for me). More suitable when on the go.
I like them both very much.
Thanks a lot for your answer
I still have to decide if I buy this one...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #131
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
For those of you interested: Our Slimfit covers for the Glo are available since yesterday evening. Biggest improvement, compared to our Luxe or Leather cases, is the 'thin-ness' of it. The Slimfit cover also has an auto 'wake-up/sleep' function. Hope you guys like it!

Please take a look: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-glo-slimfit-cover.html
These would've looked infinitely better with black velours - the grey already looks dirty on the product photo. Anyone wanna order one and try dying it black?
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #132
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Dear BookBunny,

We are considering, for the new batch of Glo Slimfit's, to change from grey to black velours.

Kind regards.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #133
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
Oh, great. Hope you do. Guess I'll keep mine in a sock for a little while longer then

Can the front of the cover be folded back?
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #134
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBunny View Post
Oh, great. Hope you do. Guess I'll keep mine in a sock for a little while longer then

Can the front of the cover be folded back?
See posts #127/#129
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #135
DarthGW
DarthGW began at the beginning.

planning to look for another glo cover
gecko cover screwed up my shipping and now they are asking me to wait for another 3 weeks afters having waited for nearly a month for it
considering that i was willing to pay a premium for the leather cover and another 6.50 Euros for shipping outside Europe , i had expected such trivial mailing address errors NOT to have happened.

any other suggestions for a decent cover?
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote