Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #31
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
[EDIT Nov 18th: I posted a better 0.3 version]
[EDIT]: I posted a 0.2 version of ipdf4 & ipdf5 later in this thread

step-to-step guide for installing ipdf rev5
All mobilereaders who want to test scotty's ipdf rev 5 can dowload the attached zip-file.
All files are included to install & deinstall ipdf rev5. You can use it with firmware 2.7.0 & 2.7.1.

What do I need?
# iRex's .sh ids download [firmware 2.7.1]
# or [SHELL] hack installed [firmware 2.7.0]
What do I have to do?
  • Download pdfviewers.zip
  • Connect iLiad with USB cable
  • Extract content of pdfviewers.zip to newspapers folder of iLiad's USB drive.
  • Disconnet iLiad USB cable ["Connected to PC..." logo is gone] You can use the iLiad again
  • Press iLiad's "news" button
  • Click on directory "pdfviewers"
  • Click on the wanted sh file
    # 271installipdf5.sh for installing ipdf rev5 on 2.7.1
    # 270installipdf5.sh for installing ipdf rev5 on 2.7.0
  • Green Lamp blinks. It only takes few seconds. Blinking stops. Screen get's refreshed. This it was. [no reboot needed]
  • You can test a user-modded pdf-viewer
Ok, I want iRex's pdf-viewer back now. How?
Steps as above.
But this time you click on
  • 271deinstallipdf5.sh for deinstalling ipdf rev5 on 2.7.1
  • 270deinstallipdf5.sh for deinstalling ipdf rev5 on 2.7.0
Why differ the sh files for 2.7.0 & 2.71?
Because pdf viewer changed it's name, so some lines in er_registry.txt differ.
This entry
Code:
[XPDF]
category=viewer
arguments=<FILENAME>
exec=/usr/bin/xpdf
xResourceName=win
channel=2
extensions=pdf;PDF;
only exists in 2.7.0 version.
Hey, you asked! Right?

known bugs of rev5
Quote:
# I have some problems with some hyperlinks in some pdfs. I can't find any rule, why the don't work. [OT: this reminds of an earlier version of xpdf: same symptom]
# Zooming doesn't work how it should. If your draw a zooming rectangle, the page gets zoomed with wanted ratio, but the wrong area - always the top of page - is zoomed.
# pan feature is gone. You can click on pan icon, it get's inverted, but you can't pan with stylus.
Happy pdf viewing to all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pdfviewers.zip (22.0 KB, 438 views)

Last edited by yokos; 11-18-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: 0.2 version
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #32
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
tested, works!

great work everyone!

Now, I'm really looking forward to the rev.6 of this prog since I really would prefer the flashing to the "crawling"...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #33
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Now, I'm really looking forward to the rev.6 of this prog since I really would prefer the flashing to the "crawling"...:-)
Yep, scotty you promised it.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #34
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

don't put pressure on him...:-)
I don't want him to suddenly decide that he doesn't want to cvontinue working on the Ilaid software...^^
Old 11-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #35
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Version 6 will be out today or tomorrow. I've been learning quite a bit about e-Ink the last couple of days.
This was from yesterday. So he put himself under pressure. qed
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #36
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Nice, seems to be a bit faster than the iRex viewer

Thanks yokos for the installation script.

and i have to admit, i like the flashing pageturns. All those mixing letters just get me confused.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #37
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
and i have to admit, i like the flashing pageturns. All those mixing letters just get me confused.
scotty mentioned the matrix thing once. So it's like a passer-by transforms in Agent Smith.

[Please no matrix discussion here: I have only seen Part I ]
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #38
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

[OT]
You've seen the only relevant part then...
[/OT]
Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #39
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Great! But I've found a bug. Magnifying selected area does not work propperly. Moving around the area does not work at all.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 AM   #40
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

@Scotty1024

I know you are very busy with other projects right now...but is there any chance of ipdf67 today? i'm not too happy with the ghosting in rev.5 and since I'll be away from the interent this weekend I'd like to decide whether I should go back to the standard viewer or move on to rev.6 (if it becomes available before Saturday) for my weekend reading.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:52 AM   #41
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
@CommanderROR

You have another option: version 4.

Version 5 is simply version 4 with dmQTyping in place of dmQFull. You get all the speed (well except for the slower black flash), all the crisp text, just with out the side order of matrix'y change effects.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #42
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

OK, thanks!

Is there a easy-to-install package for that floating around somewhere here? Something like the rev.5 package?
If not, then maybe Yokos can supply it like he did with the rev.5 pacakge.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #43
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
No but yokos is indeed doing good works there.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:32 AM   #44
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Ok, I will change the sh files. & a ipdf4 version [got a pm], too.

Last edited by yokos; 11-17-2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #45
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

thanks.