Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #46
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Scotty1024, have you considered dotReader? Seems like a perfect match of hw and sw functionality to me, but the team there needs someone with your expertise to get around the obstacles iRex has thrown up.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #47
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yep...pretty good idea actually...

I should have thought of that...:-)

Are the sources of dotreader available? And is there a way to integrate it into the Iliad more or less seamlessly? It appears there were some problems with ContentLister being hardcoded or something...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #48
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I'm solving those hard coding issues by exploiting ipdf to handle multiple formats.

Dotreader, I'll take a look.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #49
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

OK I registered and posted. They have their source code tucked away somewhere so I wasn't able to grab it.

Maybe they'll respond today. From the luke warm reaction I got to idjvu I suspect that if I substitute dotReader for djvu this weekend there won't be too big a hew and cry (especially since you all still have idjvu...)
Old 11-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #50
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
take it easy scotty...don't work yourself to death over this...:-)
I posted on the teleblog to get David's attention, so I guess we''ll at least get some feedback from there...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #51
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Jon Noring and I at OpenReader love the idea! We've forwarded this excellent suggestion to Mark Carey at OSoft. What's more, we'd love for you guys to do open source creation tools or encourage this among other open source folks. The same tools should be able to produce other mobile-friendly formats besides OpenReader. Once documents are in high-quality XHTML 1.1, required for OpenReader, it's downhill to the other formats. The cool thing about OpenReader, however, is that it'll allow greater interactivity. Here's to community! - David - dr@teleread.org / 703-370-6540
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #52
scotty1024
Banned

My Wife is busy this weekend, so I have extra time.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #53
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Cool! Good news, I realy like to see openreader on the iLiad .
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #54
Jon Noring
Jon Noring doesn't litterJon Noring doesn't litter

As one of the co-founders of the OpenReader Consortium, I have little to add to David Rothman's comment.

Since I am leading the development of the OpenReader Publication Format specification, technical questions regarding the use of OpenReader in the dotReader, and how to author OpenReader Publications, should be directed to me at jon@noring.name . I can be reached by Skype (sometimes) at 'jon_noring', and by phone at 801-253-4037.

Besides a port of dotReader to the iLiad, I am also excited about the prospect of building an ebook authoring application (or plug-in) for simpler publications, which allows (almost) pushbutton exporting of the master into a variety of ebook formats including OpenReader, and do so at high quality. I have outlined my thoughts and initial requirements for this tool in a series of three articles posted to The eBook Community. Here's the series:

Overview

For Publishers

For Developers

I realize this forum is not be the best place at MobileRead to air the idea of the ebook authoring tool, but if anyone here is interested in pursuing this with us, let me know!
Jon Noring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #55
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Excellent. It seemed to me that the E Ink display, wireless and wired connections, and pen input of the iLiad would make it ideal for dotReader, but I was hoping some others would agree!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote