Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
highwaykind
Connoisseur
highwaykind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Export to CSV/XLS?

Is there, or will there be, an export function with which I can export a CSV or XLS file list with all my cataloged books?
(Very preferably with ISBN numbers; that way I can easily import them in, say, goodreads.com )

Thanks!
highwaykind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
XLS no. Other format such as CSV or XML maybe in the future.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Excellent! Thanks!

(I think all of those sites where you can import work mainly with ISBN numbers, so if I can export title/author/ISBN in some way I'm all set, csv might be easiest, but I'm obviously no programmer.)
Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see

calibredb list --help
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Where can I find "calibredb list --help" ?
On this forum I can't find it..?

Last edited by highwaykind; 05-22-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added text
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What Kovid means is get into a terminal window (or a Command Window under Windows) and enter that command which will list the options available for the calibredb program.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
nm figured it out.

Last edited by bxrLvr; 05-30-2009 at 06:51 PM.
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
This command displayed the results inside my Command window. Is there a way to make it create an actual text file?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
append

> output.txt

to the command
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:31 AM   #10
highwaykind
Connoisseur

DOS window:

C:\Program Files\calibre>calibredb list -f > calibrefiles.txt
Access is denied.

C:\Program Files\calibre>calibredb list >D:\calibre.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cli.py", line 553, in <module>
File "cli.py", line 550, in main
File "cli.py", line 228, in command_list
File "cli.py", line 125, in do_list
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1338, in get_data_as_dict
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
(does result in empty text file on D: )

(OS: Vista Ultimate, I'm the only user on this PC so auto-admin)

Last edited by highwaykind; 05-31-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: added D:
Old 05-31-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
nm figured it out.
Would you mind editing in the solution?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:06 AM   #12
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are not allowed to write to the Program files area. Either the Command Box must be opened elsewhere, or the pathname for the output file must point to somewhere where writing is allowed.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #13
highwaykind
Connoisseur

I'm pretty sure I've got admin rights (single user PC) and I am very sure I can write to D:\
Bloody Vista messing things up again?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:31 AM   #14
itimpi
Wizard

Under Vista even admin users do not normally run with admin rights. You have to explicitly select to run the specific program with admin rights.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Don't think I can run "cmd" with specific admin rights.
Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait until it's implemented.
(unless there's some way to force admin in DOS, but I was happy to remember the cd and dir commands )