Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
MasonDixon77
MasonDixon77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook ST Library Category Question

I just bought my Simple Touch after having used the original Nook for about a year. I like the Library feature on the ST better, but I've run into a problem that I can't solve. I use Calibre to manage my files (which are all epub with full metadata), and all items are on my SD card (nothing on the internal memory).

On the Library screen on the Nook ST, there is a drop-down menu that lists the categories "All, Books, LendMe, Shelves, and My Files". In the "All" category, I have 323 items - which is accurate. I have set up shelves which contain those 323 items. However, in the "Books" category, there are 114 epub items, and in the "My Files" category, there are 209 epub items, totaling 323 epub items altogether.

As I mentioned before, there are no files in Nook/My Files/Books. All of my epub files are on the SD card, arranged in Author-name directories that Calibre created for me automatically.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there is this division between the "My Files" and "Books" categories. Why did the Nook place them like this? Did I perhaps overlook something in the metadata? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
MasonDixon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
MasonDixon77
MasonDixon77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
bump.
MasonDixon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I just checked mine and it was the same. I am not sure why though. I never noticed because I always check all.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
It looks like Calibre as of 0.8.5 puts books on the SD card into My Files\Books. Prior to that, it was putting them in My Files. That's probably what you're seeing going on.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote