Yes, sometimes. 14 13.46%
Yes, but only to fix issues 25 24.04%
No. 27 25.96%
Other (specify) 9 8.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 05:43 PM   #91
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
I download metadata and covers and add tags all the time, but don't consider that "editing" the book.

The only time I've actually used the editor has been when I've bought "watermarked" books that contain warnings about sharing the book illegally, stating that "the book was bought by [name and e-mail address]" in the actual text. Had they just had that in the beginning and/or end of the book, I wouldn't have bothered; they chose, however, to include it in the text itself in several places.
I got one of those which was a freebie from the author. My email address was shown at the start of every page and at every scene break plus being buried in the .opf, .ncx and nav documents. Took about 5 seconds of search/replace to fix but rather annoying to have to do this. The same book also encoded my email address by using non-breaking spaces at the end of paragraphs.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:46 AM   #92
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
I don’t edit my ebooks, with using KOReader I can set all which is important for me for reading.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2024, 01:36 PM   #93
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
I used to TRY to edit epubs in Calibre , but that sort of thing isn't really in my skill set.

I use CoolReader for non-library books. When a book is first opened, I go to CSS settings and uncheck the "enable document internal styles". Then the book displays with the presets I previously established. (Like left justify only, line spacing, paragraph spacing, font style and size, margins. Lots of stuff. )

I know a lot of people don't care much for CoolReader, and the app has some real shortcomings, annoying shortcomings, but I use it pretty much exclusively for my non-drm'd epubs. They look the way I want them to. And I don't have to struggle to edit them.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:12 PM   #94
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
If it's a book that I am likely to re-read in the future, I'll mark and fix typos. Then I don't have to kick myself for not doing it on the next read. Typos drive me crazy.

I'm less picky about formatting, unless it seriously gets in the way with an unreadable font, or inability to change font size or huge margins or something like that.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:06 PM   #95
kevin3289
Addict
kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I go over every book until it's as close to perfect as I can get it. The very occasional spelling error might be ignored.
kevin3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert