Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-02-2024, 02:26 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
I just cant seem to find what I want

I read ebooks on my windows 10 computer. I enjoy text to speech. My fav text to speech voice is an older program from Neo Speech, the voice is called bridget.

Now calibre ebook reader simply can not seem to find or use this voice. Oddly enough, Ice Book Reader Pro finds it no problem. I would love to find a program like the claibre ebook reader that can find and use Neo Speech voice. It picks up all my other text to speech programs no problem. Both Ivona and Cerevoice. Have have several voices, it works fine.

Why Ice book reader pro can find and use bridget, and Calibre ebook reader cant, I have NO clue. Both ICe Book and Calibre pick up and use my ivona and Crevoice voices no problem. I even Set my default computer voice to Bridget, and yet Calibre cant seem to use it. It changes it to one of my ivona voices. Again, if I set the default to Ivona or Cerevoice, again, calibre works like it should. Set it to bridget, not gonna happen.

So any suggestions on a program? Tried a few Ice Cream, and another. I think it was Ice Cream that would not offer all the same features that Calibre or Icebook has. Cant use a single key short cut to make this or that work, or chage the text or or back ground to what ever color you want. So I hope someone has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance. Oh forgot to add, I use Windows 10 64 bit.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
milo132
Banned
milo132 began at the beginning.

Device: android
I was also facing this same problem
milo132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:19 AM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Balabolka can see all voices in my system, however it's not e-book oriented... There's some useful info and links in the TTS to MP3 thread.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote