Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #121
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson View Post
My only feature request at first would be to be able to sort the downloads in some fashion. I organize my /mnt/free/books directory by author so that there are not a bazillion pages to scroll through.
We will release the source code on iRex dev hub as soon as it is launched.
Lately we've been mostly busy working on the website, adding new features and integrating covers. We'll start working on the iLiad application again once iRex releasee some of the extra tools & source code that they promised.

The community can also improve this software: I consider it far from something final for the moment although it already works fine with books.

Our API will evolve into a full REST service in the future, and we'll have some brainstorming with everyone involved: both developers and users.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #122
gmelin
gmelin began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_593 View Post
Answer to your questions.

1. Yes, You will need to run it from your memory cards unless you have the programs in your internal memory.

2. log on to www.feedbooks.com and remove the subscribe from your "newspaper" section.

cheers
pop_593 thanks for the response however I am still uncertain about the answer to question 2. When I log onto feedbooks I do not have a newspaper section that lists the RSS feeds I am subscribed to. In fact, I only see the number of the subscriptions in my profile but not the actual names?
gmelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #123
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmelin View Post
pop_593 thanks for the response however I am still uncertain about the answer to question 2. When I log onto feedbooks I do not have a newspaper section that lists the RSS feeds I am subscribed to. In fact, I only see the number of the subscriptions in my profile but not the actual names?
Go to http://www.feedbooks.com/news
If you're logged in you'll see the list with your subscriptions.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #124
gmelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Go to http://www.feedbooks.com/news
If you're logged in you'll see the list with your subscriptions.
Thanks Hadrien. Yes I can see the list of my subscriptions. But, how do I cancel the ones I don't want?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #125
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmelin View Post
Thanks Hadrien. Yes I can see the list of my subscriptions. But, how do I cancel the ones I don't want?
Click on the little red cross and it'll remove it.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #126
gmelin

Thanks Hadrien....that worked!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #127
Alcuith
Enthusiast
Alcuith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Iliad, Cool-er
Feedbooks RSS Feeds Below the Fold

I have put a few RSS feeds into the newstand and have got the synching working like a treat.
The problem is the content for any of the RSS feeds (or the Economist newspaper version) is only "above the fold". So snippets of newstories only, unlike the Mobipocket news functions which give you the whole stories from the RSS feeds (but require you to synch via USB cable).
So question is, has anybody else figured that one out?
Alcuith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #128
DiaLogical
Logical Project
DiaLogical began at the beginning.

First, let me say credits to whoever created this, because it's truly amazing!
Now I created an account on the Feedbooks site, subscribed to some feeds like the Wall street journal, Tech news and BBC and installed the program on my iLiad.

It seems to work just fine, I see and am able to sync my feeds on the iLiad and on the download tab it says they're succesfully downloaded. But if I quit the program I only see the Wall street journal pdf in my folder and none of the others. On the feedbooks site those feeds in particular are flagged as 'maybe broken' so the problem might be on that end instead of my setup... or isn't it?
Is there someone with the same feeds (as they're in the most-popular list as well) who doesn't encounter that problem?
DiaLogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #129
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

Hi guys
it all looks great.
Just one question where I can get feedbooks application ?

Cheers
Piotr
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #130
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
To keep things organized, I've started a new thread in the software release forum here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22491
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #131
mysiar
mysiar began at the beginning.

thanks Adam
mysiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM   #132
dopolo
dopolo began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Hi guys, HELP?!
I've setup the wireless connection in the system, But I cannot log in from this soft,what's the matter?
dopolo is offline   Reply With Quote