Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
looking for 2 books; Shogun & The Godfather

anyone help?

I'm after Shogun by James Clavell (or any of his other books - Gai Jin, Kin Rat etc) and The Godfather by Mario Puzo as ebooks (.lit I guess).

I've already checked Sony Connect and Fictionwise - neither of them has anything by James Clavell, so I'm guessing he just doesn't want his books to be ebooks (?), but I've found other Puzo novels (even the followups to The Godfather), but The Godfather itself.

Any help appreciated for any authorised versions of these still in copyright works.

Thanks
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
Try

[Link removed]

Last edited by Patricia; 09-09-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Copyright reasons.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Ummm, that didn't look entirely legal to me....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Aliencane, I've had to remove that link. The site posts a number of books which violate the authors' copyright.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
anyone help?

I'm after Shogun by James Clavell (or any of his other books - Gai Jin, Kin Rat etc) and The Godfather by Mario Puzo as ebooks (.lit I guess).

I've already checked Sony Connect and Fictionwise - neither of them has anything by James Clavell, so I'm guessing he just doesn't want his books to be ebooks (?), but I've found other Puzo novels (even the followups to The Godfather), but The Godfather itself.

Any help appreciated for any authorised versions of these still in copyright works.

Thanks
James Clavell is dead and has no thoughts on the matter. Mario Puzo also has no thoughts....

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
jazz_jeff
jazz_jeff began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm very disappointed at the range of books available. So much so I sent the following letter off to Waterstones.

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm writing to say how disappointed I am at the lack of writers included in the limited numbers of E-books you have.
There is no Jack Higgins, Arthur C Clarke, Mario Puzo, etc to name a few main ones.

When are we going to see more classic and mainstream established writers having their material available in a format that is rapidly growing in popularity?
It has been commented on many, many times across many forums about the lack of the above.
The first decent publisher that comes forth with writers such as above will immediately earn the loyalty and also continuous respect of e-readers out there across the world as word spreads - and spread it will quickly, due to serious lack of material by a very disappointing list of e-book sellers.

I hope you can tell me when and if things are going to get better.
I and many live in hope.

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Will keep you posted if I get a reply.
jazz_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote