Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #35176
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
No cigarettes now for 21 hours, 48 minutes.
Tom, thats GREAT!!! Wishing you the very best with your wanting to be "Smoke free"!!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #35177
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done Tom. Keep it up, you know it's the right thing to do.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #35178
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Had a relaxing evening. On Boxing Day we always have salad (think coleslaw but different) with baguette for dinner and watch a film together. It's up to me to choose one, which isn't always easy since my mother, my sister and me have very different tastes when it comes to film than my father. So, I've found the best thing to do is do the same as when my sister and I were kids: choose a Disney film. This year we've watched Brave.

Now, I'm wondering if it's possible to have GAS (Gadget Anticipation Syndrome) when you haven't ordered a new gadget yet. Tomorrow, after I've deposited my Christmas money into my bank account I'm going to order a Kindle 4!!!!
Hopefully it'll arrive on Monday so I have two days to set it up and set my sister up with my old Kindle Keyboard.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #35179
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
( I stopped smoking 18 years ago)

This will be your best Christmas gift
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #35180
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
... and that was 8 hours ago! In the Smoking Support Forum, we say FDD!! (First Day Done!) You made the decision to stop smoking and you stuck to it. Good on ya! Soon you'll be going to bed, no need to smoke while you sleep, so that part is easy. Then, all you need to do is stay smoke free tomorrow! You can if you want to!.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #35181
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
... and that was 8 hours ago!
Congratulations Tom!

I'm off to bed. Goodnight, all!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #35182
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
( I stopped smoking 18 years ago)

This will be your best Christmas gift
Quote:
... and that was 8 hours ago! In the Smoking Support Forum, we say FDD!! (First Day Done!) You made the decision to stop smoking and you stuck to it. Good on ya! Soon you'll be going to bed, no need to smoke while you sleep, so that part is easy. Then, all you need to do is stay smoke free tomorrow! You can if you want to!.

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Congratulations Tom!

I'm off to bed. Goodnight, all!
Thanks, all.

Now 1 day, 6 hours, and 29 minutes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #35183
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, all.

Now 1 day, 6 hours, and 29 minutes.
Off to a great start! If you installed the Silkquit meter, hitting ctr and + together will paste your stats on to any page automatically. I know that I, for one, would be tickled to see yours grow! And watch how fast the money adds up! It's amazing how much money we simply burned up!

Find something to occupy your hands... a paper clip, a smooth pebble, a large coin, etc... You may find it helps. Greek 'Worry beads' can be fun!

Keep up the good work!

Stitchawl
Old 12-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #35184
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
...If you installed the Silkquit meter, hitting ctr and + together will paste your stats on to any page automatically....
Actually, 'Ctrl' and '+' and '='

One day, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 16 seconds. 38 cigarettes not smoked, saving $10.92. Life saved: 3 hours, 10 minutes.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #35185
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:

One day, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 16 seconds. 38 cigarettes not smoked, saving $10.92. Life saved: 3 hours, 10 minutes.
Fantastic!!! That's three hours and 10 minutes that you used for a better purpose than filling your body with garbage. I changed the hot-paste script in my meter to reflect that. All you need to do is just not smoke the next cigarette. That's all. Don't focus on quitting. Don't focus on being smoke-free for life. Just don't smoke the next ONE. That's a lot easier. It's do-able. And keep posting here. We're right beside you... we went through the very same things, and understand in a way that a non-smoker ever could.

Stitchawl
Fourteen years, four months, six days, 10 hours, 52 minutes.
157273 cigarettes not smoked, saving $47,182.07.
Time used for better things: 1 year, 25 weeks, 2 hours, 5 minutes.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #35186
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just done some serious shopping, for my standards. I got some GearTies and a Grid-it for when I go on holiday in a couple of weeks, I also wanted to get a Contigo travel mug but they didn't have any in stock in my local store so I ordered one online.

I also ordered a Kindle 4 with a cover. Estimated arrival date is between 2 and 4 January. However, when I ordered my Kindle Keyboard I did so on a Friday and it arrived on Monday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my K4 will also get here by Monday.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #35187
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:

Cool! Congratulations, Tom! And just keep at it.

Say, I smoked a pack or so a day and then quit 30 years, 4 months, and about 14 days ago. Any idea what my cash and "life" saved would be by now?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #35188
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

Say, I smoked a pack or so a day and then quit 30 years, 4 months, and about 14 days ago. Any idea what my cash and "life" saved would be by now?
Enough time a cash to buy me a new iPad, surely!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #35189
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

Quote:
Enough time a cash to buy me a new iPad, surely!
Too bad doggie probably frittered it all away on books and ebooks!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #35190
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Too bad doggie probably frittered it all away on books and ebooks!
Doughnuts, more likely.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?