Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
angbrown
angbrown doesn't litterangbrown doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Images don't show up after build

I have been trying to convert my html file to a format that can be read on a Kindle. I can't figure out for the life of me how to embed an image.

I've been using Mobipocket Creator to build a .prc file, but even though the image appears correctly in the html file, I can never get it to appear in the finished prc file.

I am totally new to this and I can't seem to find any answers online. What am I missing?
angbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Post a little snippet of your HTML, showing how you're embedding the image. My guess would be that you're referencing an on-line image instead of an image on your local disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbrown View Post
I've been using Mobipocket Creator to build a .prc file, but even though the image appears correctly in the html file, I can never get it to appear in the finished prc file.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Check if the you can see the images reading the eBook in the Mobipocket Reader for windows (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ailsReader.asp).

If you can not, then you are doing something wrong, checking the html with a web browser it’s not enough.

Can you specify how and with what tool have you created the html file with tmbebed images?

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
angbrown
angbrown doesn't litterangbrown doesn't litter

Device: kindle
I was referencing an image in the same folder as the HTML file, so that wasn't the problem.

Turns out, you have to copy the image into the Mobipocket subfolder that was created after you import the HTML file. It's a tricky hidden step that I just happened to stumble across some documentation online. I would have thought that Mobipocket would have referenced the linked files when it imported the HTML file, but no. You have to move them manually between importing and building your .prc file.
angbrown is offline   Reply With Quote