Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I assume by blanks you mean spaces, in which case, why not?
Because of the reasons/solutions you and Harry gave in your next posts - to avoid problems or additional masking when working on the command line.

I don't know if ever and when Gregg will use the command line, I just thought I mention it because this thread is about differences to Windows and many Windows users are not aware that there might arise problems from spaces in file names.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Given that the same issues (with the same solutions, I believe) occur on Windows, I don't really see the value in pointing it out. I do think that Linux users (myself included) have a tendency to over-explain, and I think that's one of the reasons many people think it's still too complicated.

Judging from previous posts by Gregg, I doubt he has any wish to use the command line. Luckily for him, nowadays there's no need to if you don't wish to.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Or use backslashes to escape them, but I suspect that'll not be an issue for Gregg. When using graphical tools, spaces in file names are irrelevant.
I have seen some readers that do not like blanks in file names particularly for the html files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #19
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have seen some readers that do not like blanks in file names particularly for the html files.

Dale
I didn't know that. Might be best to avoid them after all, then, at least for files used in ebooks.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MRSDK will fail to bookmark any file that is a internal part of an EPUB if it has a unencoded blank.

The EPUB can have blanks in the name on my device
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 AM   #21
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Thanks everybody. I'm taking it all in. Russell, you hit the nail on the head with:

Judging from previous posts by Gregg, I doubt he has any wish to use the command line. Luckily for him, nowadays there's no need to if you don't wish to.

It can't hurt to know this stuff. I've used the command line briefly in Windows a long time ago. Something to do with Mobi Pocket Creator. It wasn't so bad. You just had to be careful and accurate. But Russell's got my number. I'm up for the Software Center and 'click on install.' lol

Thanks!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote