Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Frank Amaral
Frank Amaral began at the beginning.

Device: MS Reader & Tiny ebook Reader
Question How do you Activate Microsoft Reader for Pocket PC & PC?

Hi, I'm new here and new to the PC &PDA as well as Ebooks. I have a Dell PC & a Dell Axim X51v PDA. My problem is with activating Microsoft Reader especially on the PDA. I have redownloaded three or four times MS Reader for the PC & Pocket PC. Whe I install it on the PDA it installs a Cab file called Secrep.Cab. After installling several times MS Reader on the PDA it still says NOT activated. I have looked for the Cab file using File Explorer & Resco File Explorer with no luck. I figured I probably had to tap on the Cab file to finalize installation but no luck, I just couldn't find it. As regards the PC, activation says it is installed on my PC but that is all. There is no indication to show activation and I can not find a file on the PC either.

If anyone is familiar with procedures for activating Microsoft Reader for the PDA & PC, I would appreciate some help. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. Thanks!
Frank Amaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
Linley Meslier
Enthusiast
Linley Meslier began at the beginning.

Device: Eten M500+WM5 - HTC S620+WM6 - Dell Axim X5
On your pda you must point Internet Explorer to this URL: http://das.microsoft.com/activate/en-us/default.asp?& to start the activation process.
Linley Meslier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Frank Amaral
Frank Amaral began at the beginning.

Device: MS Reader & Tiny ebook Reader
Smile Activation of MS Reader

Thanks for the reply Linley. I did go through the activation process. What I finally discovered is that MS Reader & Activate would not activate to the SD Memory Card. I installed both in regular memory and MS Reader activated! I'd prefer to have it on the SD Card but I guess it won't won't activate there for some reason.
Frank Amaral is offline   Reply With Quote