Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 12:56 AM   #31
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
YEA!!! It's almost here.

I just got in and went to download and got the, "Sorry, we couldn't find your book" message. Then I finished reading this thread and saw why.

OK, still patiently waiting.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
YEA!!! It's almost here.

I just got in and went to download and got the, "Sorry, we couldn't find your book" message. Then I finished reading this thread and saw why.

OK, still patiently waiting.
I've uploaded to Smashwords (I was going to try it out anyway) and it is now available, and readable from there https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3383

I've updated the first post in this thread with the new link

EDIT: It's still a little funky. This is going to need some further investigation

And I'll have to go to bed soon before my eyes give up

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-16-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #33
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moejoe.

I'll go download now.

I plan on doing absolutely nothing but laundry and reading tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Moejoe.

I'll go download now.

I plan on doing absolutely nothing but laundry and reading tomorrow.
It's readable but, there's some weird gaps and I thought i'd fixed the Feedbooks weirdness by replacing the *** with ~ , that seemed to put the paragraphs back, but now it's inserting a space after the beginning quotation marks.

EDIT: I knew my dastardly brother had his hand in all this!!

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-16-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #35
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I snagged it anyway. I'm interested in the story first and the "purdiness" second.

Thank you again for sharing your work with us. I always look forward to reading your stories.
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #36
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I snagged it anyway. I'm interested in the story first and the "purdiness" second.

Thank you again for sharing your work with us. I always look forward to reading your stories.
Well I hope you enjoy it, whether it's purdy or not The Feedbooks thing is weird, I noticed a whole paragraph cut in half and one italicised with the first two words missing
Old 08-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #37
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Downloaded from Smashwords and queued. Thanks, Moejoe! Hmm, it jumps between double- and single-spaced lines, back and forth. Still readable...

Oh, OK, it isn't queued, I've dipped into it already. I love your stories
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #38
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Downloaded from Smashwords and queued. Thanks, Moejoe! Hmm, it jumps between double- and single-spaced lines, back and forth. Still readable...

Oh, OK, it isn't queued, I've dipped into it already. I love your stories
Thanks for downloading. I'm having a nightmare with all this tonight!!! I've uiploaded another version to Smashwords which seems to be as close as damn to the original. But I'm wondering now is it something to do with Open Office (although I've never had this problem before).

Still looking for an answer.....
Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #39
Moejoe
Banned

FIXED THE DAMN THING AT LAST!!

Well, I say fixed what I mean is that I just kept re-pasting the file into Feedbooks and checking the preview, and then it started looking right

In any case, it's 7am and it's now back up on Feedbooks http://feedbooks.com/userbook/7072

I'm going to bed now
Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #40
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I have ePub version 22:36:36 now, thanks. The line spacing is consistent throughout. Very readable.

I'm halfway through already. I have to keep reading now...

Night, Moejoe!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #41
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
I have ePub version 22:36:36 now, thanks. The line spacing is consistent throughout. Very readable.

I'm halfway through already. I have to keep reading now...

Night, Moejoe!
G'Night and for reading
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #42
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
just grabbed this,

will leave feedback when im done
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #43
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Downloaded, started, and finished last night.

I thought it was a great story, clever ending, and perfect for a quick evening read.

I look forward to more Sam Luka books
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #44
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
I'm not really a fan of pulp fiction nor am I really a detective/mystery type of guy, however I really enjoyed Dead Pigeons.

a well written and easy flowing story, I look forward to reading more of Luka's work.

Stienbeck was great too!
Richie
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #45
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Downloaded, started, and finished last night.

I thought it was a great story, clever ending, and perfect for a quick evening read.

I look forward to more Sam Luka books
Glad you enjoyed it There will be at least 3 Sam Luka novels, all in the same style and about the same length as the Spenser novels of Robert B Parker (55,000 words).

for reading.